Hiking from Zhonghe to Tucheng

I tried to hike from Zhonghe to Tucheng last Sunday. I never got anywhere close to Tucheng, and ended up back in Zhonghe next to the beiergao instead. That seems like kind of a stupid mistake to make, even for me. Does anyone have idea where I might have gone wrong?

that’s quite an easy route, so i can give you directions-have done the area many times. Quickest and easiest, or more scenic and difficult? Approx time 90 minutes-2 hours, with short bus ride at end into Haishan MRT

Thanks for the help.
I’d like scenic and difficult, but I’d like to start at the trail behind the Fuxing Elementary school, about half a klick southwest of the Jingan MRT station.

Thanks for the help.
I’d like scenic and difficult, but I’d like to start at the trail behind the Fuxing Elementary school, about half a klick southwest of the Jing’an MRT station.[/quote]

OK, well that’s definitely the easiest route, and you could do it in under an hour if you ran parts of it. Just go over the two small hill tops, left of the temple then a quick right onto the trail, through the small pagoda and beside the badminton court hidden amongst the trees to your right, down off the ridge and 500m up a road, left through a temple then down and keep heading in the same direction. You will have passed two cemetaries by the time you reach the final small climb and this point at the top of YongFeng Road… follows around to the right and eventually drops down into Haishan area-well, you can find a bus leading there from the country roads to Far Eastern or Haishan MRT. Beware of very loud KTV setups on this route, taking up 1 whole valley.

I think that’s clear, but if you’d like, I go on that route quite often so could take you once.

EDIT: You could also keep going all the way to Sanxia. But that takes about 4-5 hours.

Thanks for the help.
I’d like scenic and difficult, but I’d like to start at the trail behind the Fuxing Elementary school, about half a klick southwest of the Jing’an MRT station.[/quote]

OK, well that’s definitely the easiest route, and you could do it in under an hour if you ran parts of it. Just go over the two small hill tops, left of the temple then a quick right onto the trail, through the small pagoda and beside the badminton court hidden amongst the trees to your right, down off the ridge and 500m up a road, left through a temple then down and keep heading in the same direction. You will have passed two cemetaries by the time you reach the final small climb and this point at the top of YongFeng Road… follows around to the right and eventually drops down into Haishan area-well, you can find a bus leading there from the country roads to Far Eastern or Haishan MRT. Beware of very loud KTV setups on this route, taking up 1 whole valley.

I think that’s clear, but if you’d like, I go on that route quite often so could take you once.

EDIT: You could also keep going all the way to Sanxia. But that takes about 4-5 hours.[/quote]

Many thanks. I think it is when I passed the big temple (which was pretty disappointing, as temples go) I zigged when I should have zagged. Let me know if you’re up for an early Saturday morning hike sometime.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: You could also keep going all the way to Sanxia. But that takes about 4-5 hours.[/quote]

Many thanks. I think it is when I passed the big temple (which was pretty disappointing, as temples go) I zigged when I should have zagged. Let me know if you’re up for an early Saturday morning hike sometime.[/quote]
Did you turn right and down the hill at that temple? Or left and down past the cemetary? Both zig or zagging is wrong.
Well, the next three Saturdays are out. But this Sunday, after watching teggs decimate :wink: the field in the Fubon 1/2, I’ll go for a run/hike in that area I described-so can meet you then if you would like. Otherwise, let me know when. BTW, how quick are you?

I’m pretty damn fast. I can smoke six cigarettes and drink five beers in under an hour. But I think there’s room for improvement, and I train strenuously in this respect.

I’m pretty damn fast. I can smoke six cigarettes and drink five beers in under an hour. But I think there’s room for improvement, and I train strenuously in this respect.[/quote]
Sounds like a Danish friend of mind, but he’d outsmoke you even before starting hiking. Can’t hold his beer though. :wink:
OK, we’ll make a deal, every time I beat you to a signpost you have to have a smoke.
Meantime, let me know when you have free time.