Hints from Housecat

You can call me chiefy if you help me get rid of this damn shirt.
I had it made by a Bhutanese tailor in Thailand and the buttons have always been weird, anyways.
Is that the same Seven Bridges Road as in the song?

I had it made by a Bhutanese tailor in Thailand and the buttons have always been weird, anyways.
Is that the same Seven Bridges Road as in the song?[/quote]

What is the shirt made of?

Yes, the very same. I very much like that song. I like calling you “Chiefy,” too, big guy! :howyoudoin:

I also have a burgundy shirt which I suddenly need to divest. And oddly enough, mine was also made by a Bhutanese tailor in Bangkok. Not sure of the fabric, but it feels real nice. it has no stains and no malodour. I always smell good, apparently, well according to Missus Huang, who being Thai has a very sensitive nose to bad human smells.

All hints greatly appreciated.

HG

What is the shirt made of?[/quote]
I don’t know, some burgundy shit.

I used to sing that song in a band, I think.
Dolly Parton’s version is the best.

What it’s made of might be important. “Feels real nice” could be just about any kind of fabric, depending on what you think is nice. Does it shine or have sheen? Is it soft and fuzzy? Does it have fur on it? Does it stretch?

If Buttercup’s put you guys off the metro look, (and she’s done you a favor she has), you might think of re-using the shirt.

If it’s a very thin material, it might be used as a drain sieve for the kitchen sink, to catch the muck, but allow the water to drain. You can lop off the sleves, assuming they’re long, tie one end, put in your ties and tie the other end. Then you should be able to launder your own ties–but you must be certain what the ties are made of or don’t do it. Ties, like anything else, can be ruined if laundered incorrectly. Similarly, you can put your socks in and you won’t lose the in the wash.

And while we’re on the wash, adding a tablespoon or two of baking soda the the wash will help to brighten whites and colors, and sanitize your laundry.

If the shirt’s a bit heavier and not of a sliky sort, you might use it for dusting or greasemonkey type activities. If you don’t dust or monkey, the shirts could always be donated to the sweet old lady down the way who likes to quilt. Or you might find some charity that provides clothes to those too poor to care about fashion.

[quote=“the chief”][quote=“housecat”][quote=“the chief”]

What is the shirt made of?[/quote]
I don’t know, some burgundy shit.

I used to sing that song in a band, I think.
Dolly Parton’s version is the best.[/quote]

I bet your version was sexier than Dolly’s, Chiefy! :howyoudoin: In the future, I’d avoid all clothing made of shit reguardless of color. For some reason, the fact that you HGC use the same Bhutanese tailor is bothering me. It’s like, “So the Chief, HGC and this Bhutanese tailor walk into a bar in Thailand . . . . .Burgundy shirt!”

So one is supposed to wash ties? I’ve never done that and I wear them often enough.

I think you’d be very surprised how popular that burgundy shirt - thin, sheeny material, looks like Thai silk - was when I wore it into a bar in Bangkok. I was immediately inundated with attractive ladies all eager to take it off me and spend some intimate time. I’ve almost been too afraid to wear it since!

Not sure the tailor was the same as el Chiefo’s, although we do have a mutual friend (an English bon vivant) that also sports a suit and clobber from the same place, My man operates out of a place called “Peter’s Dressman Tailor Bangkok” in the Ambassador Hotel off Sukhumvit. Personally, I won’t be back after the job he did on my suit trousers.

Here’s a hint. Never rush the man stitching your threads.

HG

I used to wash my husband’s ties, but they require a lot of maintance if you clean them. They must be ironed and starched, too.

Although Thai silk is lovely, I find wearing silk unbearable in the heat and humidity of Asia, unless it’s a fairly open skirt. IMO, A man should really not wear a silk shirt of any color unless he has nice shoulders and pecks, and lacks a beer belly. The material is so soft and, if cut well, will drape every muscle, or not muscle, he has. It also tends to wrinkle and doesn’t wick sweat.

I keep forgetting to add stuff! This time I forgot to mention that there might have been something other than the burgundy shirt that had such a magical effect on the ladies in said Thai bar that night. Other variables were almost certaintly in play.