Hipster Discontinued?

I had been planning on getting a Kymco Hipster, and just when I was getting serious about it I find they are no longer available on the Kymco website :s

So has this model just been discontinued? Or is honda selling it under some other name? (I think Honda used to sell it under Magna) Maybe I will just search out a used one if they are no longer making new models.

Any other suggestions for a similar bike? I like the Hartford 200, but I don’t think it’s as bad ass looking as the Hipster :sunglasses:

I had a Zing. It was a bit stupid. (A SYM Husky is similarly stupid. Maybe better quality)

A Hipster is more stupid, but not by very much. (A Yamaha Dragfire is similarly stupid. Probably better quality)

A Kymco Venox is significantly more stupid, but at significantly greater cost.

Get a Harley-Davidson. Why settle for a fairly stupid bike when for just a little more you can get a really, really stupid bike?

Its only money.

Edit: There is also a rather rare cruiser version of the Sanyang Wild Wolf. Its a cruiser, so its stupid, but it doesn’t look to be ridiculously heavy. OTOH it’ll almost certainly only have a 125cc engine, so I’m undecided as to where it ranks in the stupidity series.

I suspect it wasn’t stupid enough for the target customer, probably why one sees so few of them.

I have a SYM Husky and I agree that its a bit stupid to ride it around the city but after a little modification its great for trips down to kenting and up into the mountains for camping. Plenty of space on the back to connect any amount of camping gear I want and comfortable enough sit in for hours on end without getting a sore back.

The Zing is the only cruiser I’ve ridden, but I believe the Husky is similar, perhaps a bit better.

I found it less comfortable to ride than my RZR. Hurts my back sooner. I think the “low rider” design compromises the suspension performance, since the shocks are at a flatter, less optimal angle, and the vertical travel is less.

Your vertebrae may vary, of course.

The Zing has no provision for luggage as standard and its harder to find (or make) a luggage rack to fit it, than it would be for a standard farmer bike.

I didn’t hate the Zing, but IMHO the cruiser type has significant practical disadvantages, with no practical compensatory advantages that I can see.

I live near Dan Shui and want a bike mostly to drive up to the beach. I will not be riding it in Taipei city. I agree the bigger bikes just aren’t practical at all for parking and generally getting around in traffic, but for my purposes it might be a bit less “stupid”

The Zing is the only cruiser I’ve ridden, but I believe the Husky is similar, perhaps a bit better.

I found it less comfortable to ride than my RZR. Hurts my back sooner. I think the “low rider” design compromises the suspension performance, since the shocks are at a flatter, less optimal angle, and the vertical travel is less.

YMMV, of course

The Zing has no provision for luggage as standard and its harder to find (or make) a luggage rack to fit it, than it would be for a standard farmer bike.

I didn’t hate the Zing, but IMHO the cruiser type has significant practical disadvantages, with no practical compensatory advantages that I can see.[/quote]

I could ride 1000 km on my Duck but 100km on a sportie gave me a backache for days. I think all those stupid Harley pretenders like the Zing, etc, are even worse.

IMHO. YMMV.

TLA.

I didn’t hate the Zing, but IMHO the cruiser type has significant practical disadvantages, with no practical compensatory advantages that I can see.[/quote]

Except, come to think of it, the reason(s) I bought it.

Cheap and available on the ‘flying foreigner’ market. They seem to come up on the bulletin boards at “distress sale” prices more often than any other type, and they don’t seem to sell fast either. Hmmm…

In hindsight those aren’t good enough reasons, and as the OP is thinking of buying new/from a dealer they aren’t going to apply to him anyway.