Hiring a private investigator

How would I hire someone to spy on my husband? And what would that run in $?

You could try sending a PM to Wolf-rheinhold. He’s well known for his sneaking about and shifty ways. He’ll be able to keep close tabs on your wayward husband. He’s not cheap, but he’s definitely nasty.

Alternatively, you could try a poster called Sandman. He is cheap. However, He’ll give you an excellent service whilst tracking down your hubby.

:sunglasses: I am at your service. :sunglasses:

If you speak Chinese try contacting one of the various private security firms. They often provide those kinds of services or can refer you to someone else who can.

Unless I’m mistaken, it is not legal in Taiwan to hire a private investigator. I’m not saying that it doesn’t happen… only that its illegal.

Most people get around this illegality by hiring a credit investigator. Otherwise, I suppose you could request the police to assist you… But, I think you would need to track your husband by yourself and then call the police to make an arrest while he was in the act… if you are spying on him for that particular act (sexual intercourse with someone other than yourself).

My sincere apologies if I have misunderstood your situation.

It is also illegal to park or drive your motorcycle or car on the sidewalk. It is illegal to enslave children and force them into prostitution. It is illegal for most foreigners to work in their jobs or even be in Taiwan with that intent.
Just pick up the phone Emma, the answer is as close as your telephone book.

I paid NT$3,000 for someone’s name and address once, so I would imagine a husband spy would at least start in the NT$20,000s. Whether it was illegal or not didn’t seem to matter, as they had the number and address for me in like a day.

[quote=“tigerman”]Unless I’m mistaken, it is not legal in Taiwan to hire a private investigator. I’m not saying that it doesn’t happen… only that its illegal.

Most people get around this illegality by hiring a credit investigator. Otherwise, I suppose you could request the police to assist you…[/quote]
There is a company that specializes in finding cheating husbands. I forget what they’re called , but their ad has a picture of a monkey-man (cheating husband) carrying a pair of slippers (being stealthy when comi8ng home late at night). I’ll ask my wife if she knows what the company’s name is…

I hate to be rude and crude, but have you checked his shorts for cum stains?

Seriously, I wish I had hired a PI several years ago. I ended up being screwed, blued and tattooed.

angelfire.com/ca6/asiavest/pi.html

Anyone see that ‘Guess’ show with Jackie last night? [Hey! I watch it to practice my Chinese, ok? :blush: ] The segment on the private detective showed how they nab adulterers. Basically, they need the assistance of hotel staff to get access to the room. How they get the evidence if ‘the deed’ is being done in someone’s private residence wasn’t explained.

Incidentally, does anyone have any information about this law that adultery can only be proved by evidence of sexual intercourse? There was a case a while ago where the judge ruled that it wasn’t adultery because the pair were only engaged in oral sex. :shock: Clearly they were just very close friends. :wink:

Why exactly does emma feel she needs someone to spy on her husband?

It’s obvious… he quit smoking and she wants to make sure he is not cheating.

Come ON, Bass! Use a little imagination here!

Not sure my shorts would pass the test, and I don’t cheat.

oops

There’s a huge sign for a private detective company as you come over the Zhong Zheng bridge into Yong He. I think they call them zhua hou “catch monkey”. However it’s usually pronounced in Taiwanese.

But in any case, surely the very fact that you’re even considering such a course of action suggests things aren’t really going swimmingly. Counselling might be a better option.

Personally I can’t stand the thought of snooping on someone else no matter how aggrieved. Once met a chap who called himself a private detective. I was with a group of people who were all ooing and ahing at his supposed glamorous life style. I couldn’t stand it so asked what percentage of the creep’s workload involved taking snaps of people for insurance claims. Almost 100%.

HG

[quote=“Spack”]It’s obvious… he quit smoking and she wants to make sure he is not cheating.

Come ON, Bass! Use a little imagination here![/quote]

Usually a girl would need a pretty good reason to hire a PI, but not, it seems, in Taiwan. That is why I asked the question.

Could be the guy started a new job, has some female co-workers, the Mother in law saw him talking with a co-worker (about work) in the office. The MIL goes and tells the wife and he goes home to answer all sorts of questions about why he was “chatting up” a girl in the office. Or at least that is what happens to me almost every other week. Arrrrrrrrrr. Why does the MIL think she needs to ride past my school and stare in to check up, I’d rather have a PI. Oh yeah, and should a beautiful adult student just happen to need a course introduction am I sure to be seen talking to her, it’s business, business, business.

The wife knows it is only business but the Mother in law :smiling_imp:

So, why does this little lady “think” she needs a PI?

My god Bassman, you’ve communicated with a female at work ? :shock: that’s as good as having an affair. Next you’ll be telling me you have your own friends, or you like to keep things seperate from your your home life, obviously you have something to hide…

Emma’s post made me think she was a westerner (well, not Taiwanese), therefore her hiring a PI doesn’t sound like a ‘Taiwan thing’.

Taiwan life has me questioning everything. Wherefore a guarantor and why hire a PI are now atop my list of questions.

It would just be so easy for Taiwanese and foreign women to doubt their husbands in Taiwan. The market is crawling with xiao jie’s and every woman knows it, that would be why I would ask why does she think she needs to hire a PI. Regardless of culture, Taiwan is a place that comes with tempations, but not everyone puts his hand in the cookie jar for that sneaky extra cookie.

Actually it’s a popular thing now, just look at all those T.V shows, Taiwanese and American, that catch cheaters live on camera.

But why? What are the circumstances?
Who knows, the guy could just be spending hours in the internet cafe posting on Forumosa and his wife thinks he is cheating. She hires a PI who sends in a girl to sit on his lap for a second - snap - Now the PI is offering divorce services from his cousin who just happens to be a lawyer. - It could happen.

Hubby is in netcafe browsing forumosa (not me, I get my forumosa at home), maybe browsing up a xiaojie’s blouse. Wifey hires PI, PI finds no proof, Wifey doesn’t believe he is innocent anyway: marriage over. Hubby finds out wifey hired PI: marriage over. PI finds proof: marriage over. What is the point ? How can any good come of it ? Divorce =/= Good

Well, her problem.

There are tonnes of PI firms - the bus poles in yangmei have ads for them. (2nd wife in China, husband cheating, etc.) If it’s illegal, then they aren’t exactly hiding it.

Ask for “wei4 xin4”, or look in the phone book, with the help of a local friend.