HIV can be contracted through sweat

…and other comedy gems in Bush’s war against sensible U.S. citizens.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,1365230,00.html

Some further words of wisdom from Bush’s foot soldiers on the front line of his own jihad targeting people being normal human beings rather than religious loonpieces-

half the gay male teenagers in the US have tested positive for HIV, and condoms fail to prevent transmission of HIV in 31% of incidences of heterosexual intercourse

You must be delighted your tax dollars are being spent on such bizarre, mediaeval misinformation. Better remember to give yourself just that little extra bit of personal space next time you board the rush hour MRT.

[quote=“yeti”]…and other comedy gems in Bush’s war against sensible U.S. citizens.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,1365230,00.html

Some further words of wisdom from Bush’s foot soldiers on the front line of his own jihad targeting people being normal human beings rather than religious loonpieces-

half the gay male teenagers in the US have tested positive for HIV, and condoms fail to prevent transmission of HIV in 31% of incidences of heterosexual intercourse

You must be delighted your tax dollars are being spent on such bizarre, mediaeval misinformation. Better remember to give yourself just that little extra bit of personal space next time you board the rush hour MRT.[/quote]

Christ… This is going to be a long 4 years.

I believe he was referring to the failure rate of condoms in actual use - they break or are used improperly about 30 percent of the time, which means HIV could be transmitted.

Does anyone have a link to the transmission risks broken down by type of sex act? I heard that these were calculated (it made quite a splash in the news, actually, within the past five years), but I never managed to find them.

Don’t want to transmit AIDS, the simplest way is: no anal sex, no P-V sexual intercourse. This still leaves good ol’ 69 in the running. :America: :America: :America:

Yeah, I’ve never seen hard stats on disease transmission either. There’s good stats on how often condoms fail, and how likely various contraceptive methods work to prevent pregnancy. With typical use the stats are that condoms fail 15% of the time. With proper use, that falls to around 3% of the time. The efficacy of condoms preventing pregnancy over one year of typical usage is 86%. With proper usage the efficacy is 97%. So yeah, it isn’t perfect, but NOT using a condom has only 15% efficacy over one year. Saying condoms shouldn’t be used because they aren’t perfect is like saying that seat belts shouldn’t be used because they aren’t perfect. Maybe they aren’t perfect, but they are a hell of a lot better than nothing at all.

A bit of web surfing and the best I could find is this slide from this presentation.