Ho do I get out of Conscription?

I really really don’t want to do it now.
I have thought long and hard about it and even went to the medical. But I just flat out refuse to do it now.

How can I get out? Apparently I cannot stay in Taiwan for 180 days/ 365 days in 1 year. Is this true?

How do you get out of conscription?
Get out of Taiwan. And stay out.
That was easy.

I dont know much about the trips out of the country option, but you could do the alternative service if you are so dead set against the military.

[quote=“hs172”]I really really don’t want to do it now.
I have thought long and hard about it and even went to the medical. But I just flat out refuse to do it now.

How can I get out? Apparently I cannot stay in Taiwan for 180 days/ 365 days in 1 year. Is this true?[/quote]

Just do it. Don’t be a pussy! :2cents:

But it’s such a waste of time :frowning:
Very apprehensive in not being able to read and write chinese. The first thing they asked me to do was to fill out the medical form I wrote my name and gave it back. It sucks

Here is a link to the issue of the language problem in the military on this forum. You might find it useful to allay your fears.
http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=74543

Don’t be afraid, if all the men of Taiwan can do it, then it should be no trouble for you.

Leave the country every 4 months to avoid conscription.

I know 2 guys who did it here. After boot camp, they taught English in rural areas.

Lovely: reap the benefits of citizenship and weasel your way out of conscription. (Not that I support conscription in general - especially not male only)

there are thousands of men who spent their entire lives living in Taiwan refusing to serve in the military each year. what do you expect from people who spent most of their lives outside of Taiwan?

one way to reduce the people weaseling out of serving is to reduce the corruption and ridiculous practices in the military so that people don’t feel like it’s a waste of time.

I know a guy who went on a 4 day/night bender. Partying, drinking, smoking, and eating the most unhealthy food he could find. Then he went to the doctors and his liver numbers were off the chart and then they gave him a get out of jail free card.

there are thousands of men who spent their entire lives living in Taiwan refusing to serve in the military each year. what do you expect from people who spent most of their lives outside of Taiwan?

one way to reduce the people weaseling out of serving is to reduce the corruption and ridiculous practices in the military so that people don’t feel like it’s a waste of time.[/quote]

It’s a waste of time, if one wants to join the military just do it and get paid, there are thousands of vacancies. Just cos other people wasted time doesn’t mean you have to do the same.

Meanwhile, Taiwan is busy becoming part of China anyway.