Holiday announcement

I was wondering if there is someplace that taiwanese holidays and festivals could be announced. I thought maybe I was the only one who accidently comes to work on Dragonboat day or something, but Mordeth’s post made me realize that there may be others out there like me. Maybe I should start a support group as well.

Thanks!

You mean they didn’t tell you that you have a holiday? I’d be really pissed off if that happened to me.

L.

[quote=“ratbrain”]I was wondering if there is someplace that Taiwanese holidays and festivals could be announced. I thought maybe I was the only one who accidently comes to work on Dragonboat day or something, but Mordeth’s post made me realize that there may be others out there like me. Maybe I should start a support group as well.

Thanks![/quote]
Well, the events forum is one place - although it is better suited to discussing events. There is a scrollling events list at the top - HOWEVER, we are planning changes to the Forumosa Calendar (currently at forumosa.com.tw)

The events will have a seperate calendar system that offers an RSS feed.

There would be a submission for for events, holidays, performances and activities, and a calendar administrator would approve them before they are posted on to the calendar. We should have this up in a couple of weeks

[quote=“ratbrain”]I was wondering if there is someplace that Taiwanese holidays and festivals could be announced. I thought maybe I was the only one who accidently comes to work on Dragonboat day or something, but Mordeth’s post made me realize that there may be others out there like me. Maybe I should start a support group as well.

Thanks![/quote]

Or maybe you could get on the ball and realize what is going on around you. :s

[quote=“Durins Bane”]
Or maybe you could get on the ball and realize what is going on around you. :s[/quote]

Yes, since the Dragon boat thing I asked where the holiday calender is posted at work. I just thought some info on Taiwanese holidays might be something that other people are interested in too, that is all.

[quote=“Durins Bane”][quote=“ratbrain”]I was wondering if there is someplace that Taiwanese holidays and festivals could be announced. I thought maybe I was the only one who accidently comes to work on Dragonboat day or something, but Mordeth’s post made me realize that there may be others out there like me. Maybe I should start a support group as well.

Thanks![/quote]

Or maybe you could get on the ball and realize what is going on around you. :s[/quote]Obviously somebody had to be at work today. Hiss! Hiss!

bobepine

[quote=“bobepine”][quote=“Durins Bane”][quote=“ratbrain”]I was wondering if there is someplace that Taiwanese holidays and festivals could be announced. I thought maybe I was the only one who accidently comes to work on Dragonboat day or something, but Mordeth’s post made me realize that there may be others out there like me. Maybe I should start a support group as well.

Thanks![/quote]

Or maybe you could get on the ball and realize what is going on around you. :s[/quote]Obviously somebody had to be at work today. Hiss! Hiss!

bobepine[/quote]

Not me, I don’t work on holidays.

Are the official tomb sweeping day holidays now listed in the forumosa calendar?
Anyone got a handy-dandy list of gov’t days off?
cheers.

Tombsweeping’s on the 5th this year.

Yeah, but when are the holidays?
Apparently, I’ve got 4 days coming at one place.

Tombsweeping is in Thurs 5th (nat. Holiday).
The government also declared Fri 6th as a holiday (but a special work on a Saturday later in the month one). plus the weekend too 7 and 8. So that’s the four days.

As it is every year.

PS When I first arrived I had similar problems. The powers that be at work would generally tell me as I was leaving for the evening that the following day was a holiday. So much for making plans. Of course, they only wanted to sleep.

gio.gov.tw/taiwan-website/2- … ar2007.htm

As it is every year.

PS When I first arrived I had similar problems. The powers that be at work would generally tell me as I was leaving for the evening that the following day was a holiday. So much for making plans. Of course, they only wanted to sleep.[/quote]
It is? I always thought it was a lunar calendar thing. Oh well.

As it is every year.

PS When I first arrived I had similar problems. The powers that be at work would generally tell me as I was leaving for the evening that the following day was a holiday. So much for making plans. Of course, they only wanted to sleep.[/quote]

Yeah, that happened to me the first year too. I was very close to not even getting told the first couple of times.

As it is every year.[/quote]It’s on the 4th on leap years or even years, or something.

Did anyone else notice that the word Calendar was spelt wrong in that link? :stuck_out_tongue:

It seems that things aren’t very standardized here. Often a certain day is a holiday but the days between it and the weekend aren’t. Then the government declares at the 11th hour that the in-between date will be a holiday, and some later Saturday will be a “make-up day”. Then the company you work for decides to make its own changes.

So much for being able to plan in advance.