Home Loans for Foreigners

That’s the deal with marriage. There is no mine or yours when you get married. If you aren’t willing to share everything with your spouse then just stay single

That’s why I don’t wonder why I am single. I’ll prenup my house under my name. I pay for it, it’s mine.

If she pays, she gets shares proportionally.

2 Likes

That’s gonna be a hard sell to any women in Taiwan lmao. Women want security, not the potential for some man to divorce her ten years down the line and leave her with nothing

Couldn’t care less. That’s my boundary. If they think they wanna freeload, then i don’t want them.

Relationships are a teambuilding effort IMO. Zero tolerance for entitlement and princesses and people that weaponise the system against us foreigners.

2 Likes

I’d assume that assets acquired after marriage will still get split. Unless Taiwanese law is different.

I risk nothing. I would rather die alone than live with an entitled princess.

Too many people have successfully argued that the house belongs to them despite contributing ZERO. Because their name was on the deed.

2 Likes

From what I’ve read on here, what the law says and what happens to foreigners who divorce Taiwanese spouses are two very different things.

1 Like

Can you give us more information about the government-backed mortgages for citizens? It’s important for those of us close to qualifying for naturalization. Have to do the math to decide if it’s worthwhile to wait and buy a home as a Taiwanese or buy now as a foreigner.

Probably won’t matter.

第三,新青安利率最低到1.775%,比許多銀行還低,是一直持續嗎?當然不是。新青安房貸方案自112年8月1日起,至115年7月31日止,共計3年。
也因此申請人必須注意,申請成功僅有3年時間享有優惠,到了第4年利率便會調升回2.1%,甚至可能比其他一般銀行的利率還要高,申貸人必需仔細計算到期後是否仍能負擔輕鬆每月負擔房貸。

The discount only lasts three years.

2 Likes

第三,新青安利率最低到1.775%,比許多銀行還低,是一直持續嗎?當然不是。新青安房貸方案自112年8月1日起,至115年7月31日止,共計3年。
也因此申請人必須注意,申請成功僅有3年時間享有優惠,到了第4年利率便會調升回2.1%,甚至可能比其他一般銀行的利率還要高,申貸人必需仔細計算到期後是否仍能負擔輕鬆每月負擔房貸。

Worth mentioning that this is only for three years @meishijia

Then your interest rate will return to whatever it is when it expires.

1 Like

Complain to the Financial Services Commission

https://fscmail.fsc.gov.tw/POP30/

Sure. I got divorced, registered agreement at the HHR. Part of divorce agreement was that our son could choose what parent to live with after he was ten years old. So when he turned 10 he decided to live with me and go to school in Alishan.

Lot’s of foreigners have also been given sole custody in Taiwan as well. As in any country, one parent can make like difficult for another and many cases of the mother absconding with the children.

If I recall correctly, part of it is time limited, but even after that the rate will still be lower than the regular rates banks are offering

This is the way.

1 Like

I don’t believe @Marco is married so going through a spouse is not an option for him.

Also like I said be very careful if the house is only in her name. It means she can literally throw you out anytime if the relationship sours and ain’t jack you can do about it.

The news says that it will rebound to market rates.

One. My username is @marco.

Two. I can speak for myself.

2 Likes

Inheritance.

If your Taiwanese spouse dies and you don’t have any children, then half of “her” house goes to her parents and siblings. Despite you fully paying the mortgage.

Well the house is half hers, seems fair. Her contributing or not to the payment of the mortgage or the downpayment is irrelevant. Your spouse surely contributes in other ways. For example, I told my wife not to go back into a regular job, because the contribution she can make to our family being a stay at home mother is greater than the contribution that her salary in a job like that would have to us. She contributes just as much, and works just as hard as I do, so surely she should have a right to half of the property that we purchased while married. I just feel like those people that are so worried about what’s going to happen to their precious shithole apartment when they get divorced probably aren’t that ready to get married.

It’s totally relevant. I want to be a partner, not a daddy.

And your original point was that you could save huge money. (You can’t because it’s limited to three years)

Yet, you lose far more in the event of a divorce.

I want security too. Not the potential for some woman to divorce me ten years down the line and take everything.

I believe in co-operation, not entitlement. I am a partner, not a sugar daddy.