Home theater stores / installers

Hello!

Have the pleasure of upgrading my home theater set up. Want to find a store that specializes in hi-fi and mid-to-high end a/v equipment. I’ve been to syntrend and guanghua but am looking for more and preferably a professional installer.

Any help is greatly appreciated - thank you in advance.

As a side note: is there an enthusiast group any of you are a part of? Let’s share and audition headphones and stuff together! :smiley:

Edit: I’m specifically looking into projectors / screens / subwoofer / maybe more speakers (7.2 - my body is ready)

The area around Zhonghua Rd and Yanping S. Rd. south of the North Gate is a good place to nose around. There are other stores around as well. One good way is to try to find local distributors on websites of brands you’re interested in.

That’s a great idea for the equipment side - thank you! I will give that a shot as well.

The hard part, I’ve found, is finding a professional installer that specializes in this stuff.

I used a store here couple years ago. Any good store we have installers. I was really happy . They came to my house and did everything i wanted and offered other suggestions.

Seems some stores have moved.

How big is your room and how far is your seating distance?

If you are in a typical apartment, I’d recommend looking at an 82" 4K Samsung QLED. It would be cheaper than a high end projector and screen, and perform better.

https://24h.m.pchome.com.tw/prod/DPADEW-A9009YM0T-000

I love my projectors, but in most Taiwanese rooms, you can get better performance for less with a flat-screen. You also need to consider that projectors require another 100K in room treatments to get the best performance.

:rofl:

What do you guys budget on your home theater sound systems?

On a slightly different topic, I want an audio upgrade for my car (I travel a lot, 2 hours or more a day) and the one thing I noticed is that AMPS are extremely overpriced here.

What costs $150-$300 outside of Taiwan costs $660 inside Taiwan! WTF.
I didn’t only check Amazon, South African prices are similar and SA also has costly shipping and taxes added onto the price. rock1 rock2

Are home audio AMPS also much much more expensive??

I think this is true for almost any brand not based in Taiwan, so it wouldn’t surprise me.

I can highly recommend this local brand for speakers:

https://usheraudio.com.tw/

I also have one of their amps that is good for the money, but the speakers are OUTSTANDING for the money. I have these for my audio setup:

https://usheraudio.com.tw/portfolio-item/dancer-mini-x-diamond/

Incredible speakers.

I don’t do home theater, but have listened to their demo rig for it, and it is also really good.

2 Likes

Fortunately for home hi-fi there’s a local company (Usher) that makes great amps and speakers and they’re much cheaper here than abroad. But I’m not sure they make surround sound systems.

What about something like this:

They absolutely have center channel and subs designed for home theater. If you want it all in a single box as a system, no they wouldn’t be a good fit. The demo room they had set up for it (there are two, one for audio only and one HT) impressed me.

2 Likes

OOF - tough question…

My home theater has been a constant work-in-progress with upgrades throughout the years. General rule of thumb - spend more on speakers than you would your DAC/amp because that’s where you’ll make the most gainz.

Speakers wear out right, kinda like wearing shoes?