Home Wi-Fi

The sales staff stalked me for the internet deal. No thanks.

I just called Taiwan mobile and they won’t let me have this package because I’m a foreigner, do you have a contact that can hook me up with this? Thanks.

Did you record the telephone call?

What city you live in?

@Marco No, but the woman said she would call back later tonight, so I could potentially record it then. I want to switch my number from fareastone, so she actually suggested we go there to change the contract into my wife’s name so that we could switch it. Have you taken advantage of this deal, or do you know any non-tawanease that have? I’m in Xindian, New Taipei City.

You should always record your telephone conversations for this kind of stuff.

Secondly. It’s your right to have your own phone number. You have the right to be treated equally in phone contracts. It’s the law.

Go to a store. I do recommend the Ximen Taiwan Mobile store, ask for BingTing.

But I want records of this discrimination, then you can take it to the NCC and complain.

Anytime we are unlawfully and unreasonably discriminated against, we need to come back hard and say it is unacceptable. I record ALL my telephone conversations.

2 Likes

Thanks for your help, we ended up just going into the Dapinglin branch, they didn’t bat an eyelid and processed it fairly quickly without ever mentioning me being a foreigner. Didn’t even have to pay a deposit, would recommend.