Homemade mayonnaise and other foods with raw eggs

Hamletintaiwan,Hamletintaiwan,Hamletintaiwan…
where are you…
Since I arrived in Taiwan Tainan, Kaohsiung and Pingtung counties eggs are not found in the refrigerator. I was shocked. They are stored on the supermarket shelves or in baskets on the floors of the smaller shops.

They are not refrigerated. They are often out at very hot temperatures.
Furthermore, Hamletintaiwan, when marked with an expiration date, they are good for almost a month. That is my problem.
I won’t use any eggs here under those conditions unless they are thoroughly cooked. My adapted Taiwanese family even scolds me for using any egg that has one drop of liquid yolk.
In the USA also Hamletintaiwan, it seems that many food saftey webistes say that even though eggs are handled with great care and should not have any salmonella in they say that you still should absolutely refrain from using raw egg and use a pre-pasturized product instead. That is my truly common sense dilemma.
The eggs ARE STORED AT VERY HOT ROOM TEMPERATURES. And they are legally allowed to stay that way for almost a month. Thank goodness I go to a store where eggs move… But. That’s my problem. I don’t trust eggs to be safe.