Homemade sausage

My new obsession of the week is making my own sausage.
Those precious few of you that know me might remember my “beef jerky” phase or my home made cheese period ( My chedder cheese took 6 months to to cure and tasted like rancid socks soaked in milk and made into jerky.)
I am now ready to make my own sausage. I bought a 30 year old iron hand meat grinder and have been making my own hambuger meat. It’s a lot cheaper and you can regulate the fat content.
The mother in law is going to buy me some pig guts to stuff the pork in. Now all I need is a spice recipe. Does any one know where to buy “liquid smoke” or have a recipe for sausage spices?

[quote=“dix2111”]My new obsession of the week is making my own sausage.
Those precious few of you that know me might remember my “beef jerky” phase or my home made cheese period ( My chedder cheese took 6 months to to cure and tasted like rancid socks soaked in milk and made into jerky.)
I am now ready to make my own sausage. I bought a 30 year old iron hand meat grinder and have been making my own hambuger meat. It’s a lot cheaper and you can regulate the fat content.
The mother in law is going to buy me some pig guts to stuff the pork in. Now all I need is a spice recipe. Does any one know where to buy “liquid smoke” or have a recipe for sausage spices?[/quote]

Good post, as I been looking for liquid smoke also. :bravo:

Google is your friend

[url=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sausage+recipes&btnG=Google+Search’Sausage Recipes[/url]

I have made mucho sausage from a lot of different meats back in the world.
Aging is kinda good for some. Others are ready after a few hours/days in the referigerator.
Good luck. Its pretty easy to make some really good stuff.
Be creative and try a lot of different spice combo’s.
Pepercorns and ground up anise seed are quite a tasty additio.

why dont u just smoke the sausages in a pan…?it’s fast actually~