Homosexual marriage and marijuana

I had a discussion with a very well educated friend about homosexual marriage and he said it is not allowed because it would force governments to legalize the use of marijuana. He even quoted scripture and he seems to very accurate in what he said. It seems to be a situation of the Bible actually allowing homosexual marriage in certain instances and that it might have been misinterpreted by main stream followers.

Love it. Taiwanese logic at its very finest.

Love it. Taiwanese logic at its very finest.[/quote]
Well, it is written in the scripture so I wonder how that related to Taiwanese logic? Considering the problems the Vatican is having at the moment, are you sure the problem lies in Taiwanese logic?

Taiwan must lead the entire planet in complete clueless morons with advanced degrees from prestigious universities. The amount of clowns with MBAs and PhDs from top 200 colleges running around this place spouting off complete nonsense should be examined and should work directly against the schools they attended’s ranking.

Weed is interpreted in the Bible here:

Genesis 1: 11, 12

11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

And anti gay shit is strewn throughout (mixed nicely with some weird pedo and rape shit, just to keep us on our toes).

[quote=“E04teacherlin”]
Well, it is written in the scripture so I wonder how that related to Taiwanese logic? Considering the problems the Vatican is having at the moment, are you sure the problem lies in Taiwanese logic?[/quote]

That would be difficult to decide without having more details about his argument. What scripture for a start?

Well, for one thing, unless you live in Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan or similar dubious examples of civilisation, governments don’t really care what scripture says. They care about [strike]creaming off a shitload of money for their retirement[/strike] the best interests of their people. Which scripture are we even talking about here? The Talmud? The Quran? The Book of Mormon? The Gospel according to Monty Python? Anyway, I’m pretty confident neither the new or old Testament of the Bible mentions weed at all - most likely because it’s basically a temperate-climate plant, and (AFAIK) is not found in hot, dry places like the Middle East.

Considering that sentence is a complete non-sequitur, I’d say yes.

Frankly, it sounds like you may have misrepresented your friend’s argument.

I am pretty sure I didn’t misinterpret my friend’s argument. He specifically referred to this.

Leviticus 20:13

It is pretty clear.

[quote=“E04teacherlin”]I am pretty sure I didn’t misinterpret my friend’s argument. He specifically referred to this.

It is pretty clear.[/quote]

Yeah, it says male gays who have man on man sex should be killed. Harsh Old Testament stuff, but nothing surprising. What does that have to do with legalizing pot?

[quote=“BigJohn”][quote=“E04teacherlin”]I am pretty sure I didn’t misinterpret my friend’s argument. He specifically referred to this.

Yeah, it says male gays who have man on man sex should be killed. Harsh Old Testament stuff, but nothing surprising. What does that have to do with legalizing pot?[/quote]
It doesn’t say they have to be killed. That’s just one interpretation. Certainly one could read more into that verse!

[quote=“E04teacherlin”]I am pretty sure I didn’t misinterpret my friend’s argument. He specifically referred to this.

Leviticus 20:13, King James Version (KJV): “If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.”
(from biblegateway.com/passage/?se … ersion=KJV)
Moderately clear, I suppose, but what does that have to do with marijuana?

Mind you, Leviticus 20:9: “For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death” - and I’m sure more than a few of us has said bad words to the parents.

20:10: “And the man that committeth adultery with another man’s wife … the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.”

20:18: “And if a man shall lie with a woman having her sickness [i.e. menstruation] … both of them shall be cut off from among their people.” (Lenient, that one - just exile, no death?!)

15:19: “And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days” (and I wonder about all my students that take just two days off, rather than the Biblically-ordained seven!).

It’d be interesting to see these laws also followed in Taiwan.

Or with homosexuality. “Listen here, Mr Ma. Some lawyer-priest in a position of power 2500 years ago reckoned it would be a good idea to execute all the queers. What say you?”. “Sure, seems legit.”

The problem really is with different versions of the bible. How shall they be killed then?

Or with homosexuality. “Listen here, Mr Ma. Some lawyer-priest in a position of power 2500 years ago reckoned it would be a good idea to execute all the queers. What say you?”. “Sure, seems legit.”[/quote]
I don’t think that is true. I think it has been very badly misinterpreted. The scripture makes clear reference to homosexuality and marijuana in the passage I mentioned.

Minor amendment. Oh, and note that the Bible doesn’t really say anything about lesbians - because after all, women don’t have sexual desires, or something like that. It’s just men on men, or men on beast, or women on beast. Or threesomes, somewhere.

I still don’t see how marijuana fits in. Or is this one of those slippery slope things? Like, one day female students are coming to class when it’s only four days since their time of the month, and the next thing you know we’re all horse-raping lobster-and-cream-sauce-eating mixed-thread-wearing father-killers? Who smoke joints to relax after days full of abomination?

Are you having us on? Clear reference to homosexuality and marijuana? Sorry, I just don’t see the clear reference to marijuana. Some translations of Leviticus 20:13 (all from biblegateway.com/verse/en/Leviticus%2020:13):

13 “And a man who lieth with a male as one lieth with a woman; abomination both of them have done; they are certainly put to death; their blood [is] on them.”

13 “If a man has sexual relations with another man, they have participated in a detestable act. Both men are to be put to death, for their blood is on them.”

13 “‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

13 “If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense."

13 “‘Suppose a man has sex with another man as he would have sex with a woman. I hate what they have done. They must be put to death. Anything that happens to them will be their own fault." (THAT’S a weird one!)

I suppose someone who can read ancient Hebrew (?) can divulge a bit more, but reading this passage as advocating marijuana use seems a bit of a stretch.

[quote=“E04teacherlin”]
I don’t think that is true. I think it has been very badly misinterpreted. The scripture makes clear reference to homosexuality and marijuana in the passage I mentioned.[/quote]

I don’t see it; could you explain?

[quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“E04teacherlin”]
I don’t think that is true. I think it has been very badly misinterpreted. The scripture makes clear reference to homosexuality and marijuana in the passage I mentioned.[/quote]

I don’t see it; could you explain?[/quote]
Well, the most important question is how should they “apparently” be killed.

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, bo
[color=#FF0000]t[/color]
h of them have committed an abomination; they shall su
[color=#FF0000]r[/color]
el
[color=#FF0000]y[/color]
be put to
[color=#FF0000]d[/color]
eath; their bl
[color=#FF0000]o[/color]
od is u
[color=#FF0000]p[/color]
on th
[color=#FF0000]e[/color]
m?

Your friend is right. I think the Bible says that if a man lies with another man, they must be stoned. How could they do that if marijuana is illegal? :roflmao:

Amen.
But lostinasia’s “bible code” was pretty excellent also.
Happy New Year everyone.