Honey Bee Apocalypse: Fake News?

I just read an article saying how the news of all the honey bees dying out is all a lie. And honey bee population actually went up almost 50% during all this time.

1 Like

I think the Babylon Bees are safe :wink: That article seems reasonable to me .Age old issue of interpreting statistics @Andrew0409

From the Sierra Club article they link to, to quote “Honeybees are at no risk of dying off.”

Contrary to public perception, die-offs in honeybee colonies are an agricultural problem, not a conservation issue. First domesticated about 9,000 years ago, honeybees are not all that different from livestock. They are also not native to the United States; they were imported from Europe to help pollinate crops around 1622.
Meanwhile, native bees—of which there are over 20,000 species varying in size, shape, and color—are experiencing incredible losses. Of the nearly 4,000 native bee species in the United States alone, four native bumblebee species have declined 96 percent in the last 20 years, and three others are believed to have gone extinct. In the last 100 years, 50 percent of Midwestern native bee species disappeared from their historic ranges.

Sounds like cause for concern to me.

More on the GLP

https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Genetic_Literacy_Project

1 Like

So it’s “ potentially” a problem, but not as dramatic as has been reported ? Have they done any pieces on Global Warming ? :wink::smirk:I’m being naughty , sorry