Hooters

I stumbled upon a new Hooters on Songren Lu almost directly across from Le Meridian Hotel in Xinyi district.

If you know about it, male or female or some combination of both, and haven’t already shared it here, then I hope you feel guilty, and will seek forgiveness by buying everyone that shows up a drink there.

I don’t really know anyone here so that would be additional points for encouraging people to make friends.

What are you trying to say here…?

Seems like you’re starting topics in the Living in Taiwan forum as if it’s your FB status haha

1 Like

New Hooters? My b-day is coming up, now I know where to go. :star_struck:

Subpar food brought to you by women who are paid to smile at you? I’m there as long as you pick up the tab.

1 Like

It’s not about the food, it’s about the experience. It’s about the good times. It’s about the socks. Forget Cuba…Hooters is the real working man’s paradise.

Hooters: Delightfully Tacky, yet Unrefined.

1 Like

curly fries with chili cheese sauce ohhh lawd and all the sauces on the side for mah wingzzz

1 Like

I thought the food was not bad at all. My wife liked their chicken wings a lot, I tried one of their burgers and it was nice. Curly fries _

Only issue is the price, but for a special event it’s a cool place.

The other one is better. Different ownership.

This one has absurd prices and mediocre service.

Not good times.

Oh really? I thought they’d all be pretty much the same. I’ve only ever been to 1, so I had no idea there could be differences the management

The new one is more like a restaurant than of a bar. Lots of TVs for sports which they’ll probably eventually ramp up and start doing promotions. But they’ve only been open a few weeks so…

It’s right in the middle of the business district and thentarget market is businessman at lunchtime and after work.

Walk in at 2 p.m. and it’s mostly empty except people like me that have flexible schedules and can drink beer in the middle of the afternoon.

Yes they smile and chat a lot which is good customer service and anyplace should do that. Hooters just has training programs and educates the employees to do a good job with customer relations. Most places in Taiwan do not do that.

Walked by it and it seemed to be shut down.

They released this statement

Ouch! They are screwing employees and vendors?

I’m not sure. But are both not licensed franchises?

Couldn’t source the right suppliers? They must have had their hands full trying to find big hooters in Taiwan.

5 Likes

I’d think that a bug part of the reason it closed down was that it’s insanely overpriced.

I liked the original one better. I went there when I was a kid.

Ha! Did it influence how you developed as a man?

I think I was like 5-6. Didn’t really think much of the hooters. It’s was how they used to send the orders on those zip lines that i remember. I don’t think they do that anymore for some reason.

Technically, only half full. :sunglasses:

2 Likes