Hooters

But think about the demographic that would be going to Hooters? Given it’s location and prices, I’d say way more than 10% of the clientele will be able to speak the Eng-Hua.

I’m not defending the organization, but I do see potential with it’s re-opening. The Happy Hour prices are much better.

Dunno, asked enough. They all say they are married. I think they get free classes.

This doesn’t sound like a good business model. If they are married, they shouldn’t be advertising it. The clientele will find single hooters much more attractive than married hooters.

Might be referring to the Thai masseuses I mentioned before? Sorry, I kind of deterred off topic and didn’t clarify.

No need to apologize. But I’d think the same principle still applies. Wouldn’t single masseuses be better for business than married masseuses?

Was talking about the masseuses. I keep my conversations with hooters, brief and business-like. Thai or otherwise.

As Omar from the Wire says, “Man’s gotta have a code”

Indeed. Omar is a role model for us all. :sunglasses:

Personally, I don’t care if they were married or not. It solely depends on their service for me.

A few friends and I went to Fridays a few weeks ago and our server was just…cute. Nonetheless, she was energetic and took no bs from a group of 6 guys that love to banter. She was quick with our orders, refilling drinks and always checked back on us. No clue whether she had a boyfriend or not, but if she did, it didn’t hide that fact that she was an awesome server.

As for the masseuse, maybe because I’m not looking for anything more than a massage? I won’t lie, it’s nice to get a massage from a pretty girl, but from my experiences, the prettier ones normally do a mediocre job.

I find the above paragraph is also true if you replace “massage” with “sex.” :sunglasses:

1 Like

So you’re saying the uglier the girl the better the sex? I feel the law of diminishing returns must kick in somewhere along the line.

1 Like

Standard bell curve distribution

1 Like

Another Update

Closed again! Walked by it and there were newspapers and garbage bags covering the windows.

Should have stolen a few glasses while I could!

1 Like

Was there a Hooters in Kaohsiung?
Quite a few years ago, I was at the history museum in the old section not the city and right outside the Hooters Waitresses were putting on a show to get people to their new restaurant.
I was with a wife and new kid at the time, plus we lived quite far from the city.
So I couldn’t like break free and investigate.
So, was there a Hooters? Who were there clientele? Was it family friendly? How were the waitresses? How long did it last? Why did it close? Any personal adventures or misadventures welcome.
Or was this all part of a Willy Loman fantasy?
Every in the states, I never been to Hooters and only know it through Al Bundy’s, married with children gestures.

I think there was one back in 2016

Taiwan soft lockdown is stating to bite.

4 Likes

Did anyone ever fly on Hooters Air which operated from 2003-2006?

No, but went to the one Taipei many years ago with two female friends. Seems like TGIF Friday’s American food and what seems like normal food servers staff. There are better places to go, so never went back. My two female friends, mostly commented on the terrible overpriced food and nothing else interesting about the place to us (better looking staff at my local coffee places)

1 Like

Unless you’re a horned up 16 year old boy, there really isn’t much reason to go there. The wings aren’t that great, and the service staff is competent and friendly but you can see people dressed like that walking down the street.

3 Likes

There was a Hooters in Kaohsiung in the early 2000s. Probably 2003, 2004. It was on Zhongzheng Rd, and it was located on the ground floor below the Green Jungle Pub. It was a few buildings down from the original Mama Mia’s Restaurant. It started out well but never really took off after that and closed within 1.5, 2 years.

I’ve been to the Xinyi Hooters and I think it is great! That patio is excellent with amazing views of the city and you can’t beat the happy hour prices on beer! I’ve been several times with my wife and she loves it for the reasons mentioned.

4 Likes

Had to search what is this place and saw overseas locations, sounds like a Maid cafe we have now.