Hoping for a stroke of luck (Brit trying to stay in Taiwan)

Australia isn’t letting anyone in other than citizens, permanent residences, immediate family members with a relevant visa and critical workers who’ve an individual exemption.
New Zealand and Canada are similairly closed to most travellers.

2 Likes

Try other commonwealth countries, etc.

1 Like

update: i have until beginning of november

What about other EU countries? Germany, France, etc?

I’m in same situation just hanging it out and hoping for 30 day extension announced middle of each month, I’m using 90 days so far until mid November hoping for another so can stay to at least December, good chance of because of big second spur in UK.

you were right, they extended again until december. a full 6 months of extensions now.

Are you sure this is not an option? 2017 is just 3 years ago. Maybe ask at the relevant office?

whats the point? the only reason i would want to get a job is for the ARC. why jump through hoops when i they just keep extending my visa free?

Because it prepares you for the time after they stop extending. Plus, it lets you work legally without anyone having to sponsor you an ARC, and you then being dependant on them.

1 Like

Can I ask where you found out about this?
I checked the NIA news page, but it hasn’t been updated recently.

you can just phone up the NIA in guangzhou street. tell the lady your passport number and they tell you when your last day is

Yes, I am aware of that (I posted about this myself previously!).

The implication I got from your previous post was that the NIA had publicly announced another extension, so I was wondering where it had been posted as I couldn’t find the new press release. It’s usually about this time of each month that they’ve posted the new extension, so I’ve been keeping an eye on the websites.

@Occam

Here’s your reference…and you’re welcome.

1 Like