Hotel discrimination

Just to follow up. I got this reply after I emailed them asking to confirm what I was initially told (to have it in writing ).

Thank you for your mail.

After confirming the booking, we will usually sent a SMS message as a gentle reminder to all of our valued guests during the pandemic period. It is not a mandatory request to show the passport while checking in, but only for protecting each other to avoid any possible outbound travel within one month. On the other hand, we would like to kindly let you know this is never our intention to make our guest feel treated differently since the satisfaction of our every valued guest is our biggest concern.

If there is anything we fail to explain clearly, please kindly let us know.
We appreciate your understanding and look forward to see you.

3 Likes

Ok ill digg up the booking name for yah

Have fun in fengjia 3/30 $338.40Nt

Sorry i knew it was cheap … but i forgot then i pulled up my history…

Ok remember that the location is a mixed use building and contacting or harassing this owner is not the proper path.
As i said the door man / security guy at the entrance of the building was the one denying me.
The owner was nice and offered a another great room for same price, happy with him.

Getting the address and contacting the building directly could be a way. But calling this hotel like hyatt or hilton and blacklisting them is not possible.

So now that i typed this i think it’s meaningless.
But you said if i dont post name it means nothing
Maybe im wrong to talk about hotel discrimination, its booking a room discrimination from a building owner because i was a foreigner.
The fact is i was denied my accommodation

A bit stream of consciousness there, old chap.

If I understand you correctly, I have no issue with you saying hotels are racist. However, unless I know which hotels are racist it’s of no use to me. Of course, that’s not your problem.

3 Likes

Reply from guesthouse manager to a booking inquiry in June. The inquiry made it clear that the guests were long-term residents of Taiwan who had not traveled overseas for several months. (Note that in the manager’s reply, he meant the policy would remain in place “until” August 31 (not “before”):

Due to the policy having been announced, before August 31,
In order to avoid the doubts of other Taiwanese guests,
Please forgive us for temporarily unable to receive foreign guests.

That’s the stuff that gets me riled up. Can’t even admit you’re just a xenophobic ignoramus. It’s always “government rules” or “police rules” or some other excuse. If you’re going to discriminate, at least own it.

1 Like

But that would make it harder to get away with. :doh:

Hotels also age discriminate too.

If a too old person wants to check in they are refused.

Taiwan has issues with old people it seems.

How old? If nearing the age of imminent collapse, could be they are guarding themselves against being affected by the “ghost curse” which seems to be a widely held belief.

Well I tried to book a hotel for my dad and they outright refused.

What was the reason given?

no reason given, just that they will not serve anyone who’s old.

Technically that is a reason, but I’ve never heard of this before. I’ve taken my octogenarian parents to hotels in Taiwan with no issues.

Which hotel was it?

2 Likes

Leopard garden in ximen. It’s more of a hostel. I tried to book a room for my dad in case I couldn’t host him.

Some landlords won’t rent to old people and there is a lot of discrimination against older employees.

Why don’t you try booking a proper hotel for him?

3 Likes

So I guess if you’re old and don’t have children to take care of you it’s hurry up and die?

Because my dad is stingy and won’t pay for it. He could stay in the armed force hotel but he said due to his ranks he’s only allowed to live in a suite, which costs 2000 a night.

1 Like

I don’t think so . Just that there is a lot of discrimination against older people, often by other middle aged and old people .