🏨 Hotels | Best hotels with a view

Where would you recommend if we wanna just chill for a couple days somewhere with a nice view in December? Nice view like ocean, lake, or mountains.

Any particular areas or properties? Thanks!

1 Like

The best view would probably has to go to this place:
https://goo.gl/maps/x2C7uvdorhb1vsdj7

It’s also darn expensive and very hard to get a reservation.

1 Like

墾丁H會館

3 Likes

For December, maybe Taidong and Kenting would have the best weather.

https://goo.gl/maps/Ja8uvVKv2Aq5VYhV6

https://goo.gl/maps/em3comq3VYDAvKwb6

Does it have to be a hotel? The Qingjing Farm area in Nantou has some amazing mountain views, but most of the accommodations are B&Bs.

3 Likes

Gloria Manor in Renting has a nice view.

2 Likes

At Sun Moon Lake we stayed at the Hotel Day Sun Moon Lake, right at Wenwu Temple.

The view from the lobby floor cafe balcony is excellent.

4 Likes

I was about to post this also, its still warm in December, but better is you have transport then you can travel around I bit.

2 Likes

Taimali, south of Taitung city, is popular for its views. I love the area. Been there three or four times. Barely saw a thing because of the fog. Still love it.

1 Like

wow that is expensive!

No, B&B is fine too!

Thanks for the replies! How long would it reasonably take to get to Kenting from Taipei, no car currently.

CHECKInn Express New Taipei Danshui
+886 2 2623 8111

2 Likes

Hotel Royal Chiao Hsi might be my favorite hotel with a distant ocean view especially fantastic when a typhoon is coming in and with someone special or temporarily special. Nice with family or someone you love or someone you happen to be loving at the moment.

Exquisite private meals if you want them, can wear the hotel provided robe anywhere you go, and massage and outdoor or indoor swimming pools and private hot springs.

Quick drive from Taipei.

Hotel Royal Chiao Hsi

Lalu which might be just slightly better in some areas like larger rooms and not as nice in other areas like public spaces. Lalu might be slightly more intimate with less families.

The Lalu Hotel

1 Like

Lalu is always like 30000 NTD per night…

Right now Lalu is showing 18,000 per night. I’ve never paid more than $16,000 per night for two people and they usually bump it up to a four-person room. But I’m more flexible with my nights so I’m not forced into a particular day which might be a Saturday that could be much more like any hotel

Can it be with someone I hope to love in the future?

Yikes it’s showing over $800 USD for my possible dates

Showing $500+. I’ll save these for the future! Not as flexible as you at the moment.

This looks like a very reasonable option. Was about to book a refundable rate but I happened to click down to the FAQ for hotels.com and it says:

1. the hotel is closed from September 25 - December 31 and…
  2. it is only open for essential travel. You may be asked to provide evidence on arrival

This is the 3rd or 4th time I’ve encountered this today whilst searching for hotels. Is it outdated or is this actually in issue at the moment. (First time seeing it where it wasn’t a warning at the top of the page, but rather down in the fine print)

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has any further suggestions.

The views of Marco’s recommendation look nice. However, I’ve done Tamsui several times and wouldn’t mind something new.

I’d consider about anywhere as long as it’s reasonably close to public transportation. Main things is quiet. I’ve had a rough semester and just want to veg somewhere quiet and stare at the ocean or mountains for a couple of days and read away from my noisy neighborhood.

As a humble teacher I can’t afford some of the high cost places suggested, but a couple/three K a night would be ok.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

2 Likes

Lakeshore Taroko has great ocean view. The dinner at their restaurant is pretty good and morning buffet not bad either. They have a great infinity pool but have to wear bloody swimming caps…
It’s a bit pricey and around the hotel is not really anything yet (new development area) but its a bit closer to Taroko than other hotels in Hualien.

4 Likes