šŸØ Hotels | Heating in hotels

Pffff! Who needs heating, duh.

Iā€™ve stayed in a lot of hotels where the humidity was horrible but it was too cold to run the AC. The ā€œdehumidifierā€ would bring the temp to 16 degrees and the ā€œheatā€ setting would pump out cold, humid air. It never ceases to amaze me how badly put together the climate control systems are, even in ā€œbetterā€ (four star) hotels. This problem is compounded by the brilliant management that tells you to shut off the AC and open the window when you check out. If anyone has never observed what happens to a cold glass of water on a hot day, Iā€™ll explain: the humidity becomes very BAD and mold spores love nothing more than those very conditions

The hotel where I usually go in Alishan has heated blankets (never heard of heated mattresses!) and itā€™s awesome.

1 Like

In my experience, unsolicited English emails go right to the trash. Better off with Google translated Chineseā€¦

1 Like

my experience has been completely different. Ive been here since 2006, and never experienced any of these problems in hotels. Unless you expect the room to be cozy when you walk around in underwear , its not thay cold here. socks and a sweater was the most i have ever had to wear indoors to keep warm.
my worst problem with hotels were sound insulation and cigarette smell, but even that improved a lot in recent years.

OP can bring flannel jammies :smiling_face:

Taiwan has a bit of a reputation for being bad with emails and replying. Try calling :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Waterbeds? Heated water.

I wonder if ā€˜hot springā€™ hotels have heating.

I stayed at one when it was snowing. No heat. Genuinely considered running the hot water all night. Settled for hand warmers.

1 Like

I tried that once ā€“ filled the tub with hot water and left it there when we went to bed. Woke up at 3am in a cloud so thick I could barely see my hands. Opened a window to let it out, which promptly turned the steam into rain and soaked the whole room. I am not really all that smart.

2 Likes

You could also get one or more of those hot water bags you can take to sleep with you. But, get a good quality one that does not leak and scald you.

In Japan they do this, seldom see mold problems even though feels more humid in some places