Hotels that accept quarantiners

They are in Hualien, dear, quakes will come soon. Government services here are slow but efficient.

Staff admitted the water heater was broken on one of the days (1st day?) and was fixed during the night, so not a fabrication.

2 Likes

Hello,

I need to travel back to Taiwan first week of June from Atlanta, GA, USA. I was wondering if you guys can help me locate quarantine hotels/airbnb/private room to stay for 14 days. I am required by Taiwan CDC to self qurantine away from my home because my dad is 81 years old w/ Lukemia. Would like to find a cheap single room w/ wifi around Taoyuan airport or at least close by enough for taxi to take me there.

I would appreciate any information you guys can help provide. Thank you in advance.

I went through this exercise recently, too. I just went to agoda.com for Taipei and searched for “quarantine.” If memory serves I got 6-7 hits.

Example:
https://www.agoda.com/quarantine-welcome-downtown-gem-in-taipei-2bedroom/hotel/taipei-tw.html?cid=1844104

That said, I think I’ve seen an official website (that I didn’t click on because I didn’t need one by that time). Let me see if I can figure out what I saw and where I saw it.

1 Like

Thank you for this. This worked for me. I just got off the phone w/ Yilan’s quarantine hotline and I was told I need to stay in Yilan b/c that’s where my residency is. 1,000ntd for quarantine taxi and 2,000ntd/night including 3 meals is what they told me. I guess I don’t really have much of a choice. Thank you @bojack!

1 Like

I think you can get 1000 a day back from the government after you complete it

1 Like

Hello. Yes that’s what they told me, but to be honest, I rather pay for the covid-19 test as soon as I land in Taiwan than go through this 14 day quarantine process. Even if its out of my own pocket.

Update: The hotel actually contacted me and the price was 3,000ntd/night and the stay is 15 days. I was wondering if I have to choose them because the government referred to me? This includes food.

@bojack I was wondering if hotel doesn’t provide meal, how did you manage to get food? Food panda or Uber Eats correct? Also, do I have to do the quarantine within my city of residence like they suggest? Thank you again!

There is a list of Government approved hotels for people to spend their quarantine.

https://taiwanstay.net.tw/covhotel/

These hotels follow disinfection procedures.

You need to stay there and not home if you cannot have a separate room, or if there are elderly people/ people with chronic health conditions or babies in the house.

1 Like

Yes, this is the link I googled a few weeks ago but can’t find it anymore. Thank you for this!

On the first day of quarantine the local police dropped by to hand off a bag with food (also in the bag was an inexpensive digital thermometer, a liter of bleach, and some red trash bags). It’s mostly noodles, with some snack food included. Nothing fresh. For me it was enough to get by for a couple days at most.

On the day I arrived, I was asked to download a quarantine app. The quarantine app notifies me when it wants to conduct a very brief online interview (my name, my body temp, how I feel that day). After I speak that info, one of the follow-up questions asks whether I need food.

I haven’t used that feature (my family is helping out), but I’m assuming if I answered “yes” then my wife would be notified by the police. Perhaps the police will drop by with food, but frankly I doubt they have the resources (and again I haven’t tested, so I could be wrong).

My wife just drops food off by my door, so yeah I’m sure Uber eats would work for your situation as well.

If you have family or friends in Taiwan, then I’d recommend a quarantine stay near them if at all possible. Maybe that’s why they’re recommending Yilan for you.

Good luck!

1 Like

Hey you bojack. Ya, I think uber eats or food panda would work for me. I am going to see if I can find a cheaper hotel and see if it has to be in Yilan or not, because I don’t want to bother my dad’s helper with extra tasks.

Must be good to have a wife :grinning:

Thanks again!

Bojack could you please confirm that if you have to quarantine, you can actually choose an accommodation of your own or the government selected hotels? Much appreciative.

Also, does your wife have to check with the lizhang/police before delivering the goods?

Not 100% sure about that.

I think my wife swayed this decision somewhat. (I haven’t yet had a chance to discuss the whole ordeal with her face to face.) Just before I mailed my application to TECO in Houston, she LINEd me and instructed me to write in my new address (by hand) on the letter I had prepared/printed for TECO in Houston (my proposed arrival date). This happened like thirty minutes before I closed the UPS envelope and turned it over for delivery.

That said, I was asked by airport staff about where I intended to quarantine. Once they confirmed the address where I am quarantining (it was on the form I had to fill out at LAX), then I was good to go. My quarantine address was confirmed twice, iirc, by two different people at TPE prior to immigration.

Here “confirmed” = they checked Google maps to make sure it existed. Maybe “checked” is a better word, but I was never privy to their criteria, or for that matter the criteria used by TECO in Houston. :idunno:

No idea. They just keep me in my cage, you know. :smile:

2 Likes

Hey guys, I just got off the phone w/ the official and 3 hotels. All 3 hotels offer meal and seem to be pretty much the same price. They get subsidize from government for 1,000NTD a day and then you would need to request yourself from government the additional 1,000NTD. Going rate seems to be 2,000NTD out of pocket first and after quarantine you can apply for the 1,000NTD. So approximately 1,000NTD a night with 3 meals out of pocket. Actually not bad at all.

Also, this is what they told me. You can stay anywhere in Taiwan as long as hotel accept you and you will still get 1,000NTD from the government. It doesn’t restrict to the city where your home address is (that Toayuan official just dind’t want to bother with my phone call, and told me to call Yilan, lol).

3 Likes

do you have any other link for the hotel stay?

following… waiting for reply

Here.

https://taiwan.taiwanstay.net.tw/covhotel/

1 Like

Call your city / county health provider if you want to stay near where your home is. They can help you find hotels that are other wise unknown to the public.

There’ll be government discounted covid-19 transportation at the airport.

My wife will be joining me here soon. She has been issued a tourist visa for now, and they said she’ll need to convert it to a resident spouse visa after coming here. Couple of questions:

1. Can she claim reimbursement for the quarantine stay after she gets her resident visa here ?
  2. Does anyone have experience in converting from visitor visa - > resident visa (for spouse)? Does it require leaving the country?

Thanks