Household Registration

Hi! I’ve just got a few questions,

I’m Taiwanese, born in Taiwan and both my parents are Taiwanese too. But we moved out when I was 6 and we just returned recently.

1. I’m suppose to apply for a National ID. But the landlady of the apartment we’re renting won’t let us use the address.

2. My mom is using her friend’s address in her ID. It’ll be kind of embarrassing to list me and my sister under her friend’s address too.

What can I do?
Thanksss!

Either allow you to get embarrassed, look for another friend that can let you use their address, or look for another apartment. If you tell the landlady that using the address is a must or you’ll go to another place, that should work if everything is done legally. In the (most probable) case that she is not telling the government about the rent to avoid taxes, she won’t let you use the apartment, even with the ultimatum (unless you threaten to tell about the illegal renting). Look for another place if you must.

[quote=“cinnamonbuns”]

… But the landlady of the apartment we’re renting won’t let us use the address.

What can I do?
Thanksss![/quote]

Yes, the reason why she rejected the idea is most likely due to her cheating on rent tax. What exactly do you for National ID in terms of residence address? Some sort of form signed or authorized by owner of the property? If not and to prove the address is sufficient by attaching rental contract/agreement with your application (as in case of ARC), landlady wouldn’t need to be informed at all :wink: