Housing around Taichung City

Hi there!
Does anybody know of good, quieter areas with more green spaces around Taichung city, near dali city to stay? I am looking for accomodation particularly near the mountains.
Thanks

[quote=“cands”]Hi there!
Does anybody know of good, quieter areas with more green spaces around Taichung city, near dali city to stay? I am looking for accomodation particularly near the mountains.
Thanks[/quote]East and north-east of Dali there are some quieter, greener areas. (There are also nice green bits of Taiping and Dakeng but I guess that might be a bit far for you).

I think what you’d have to do to find a place is go out there yourself and look for the red rental adverts in shop windows or pasted to walls. You could also ask shop owners or apartment complex security guards if they know of any places going.

There’s lots of stuff on the other side of the river, and south of Dali in Wufeng along the ridges. I suggest you hop on your scooter and drive around the roads on the ridges until you find a small community you like, and then ask about local houses for rent. Local people almost always know which houses are for rent, and there are always plenty of empty houses since locals love to invest in land and houses. If you cross the river on any road going due west you will drive into the mountains eventually…

However, many foreigners live in the community out Dongshan Road, with a pool and some nice houses. It is far from the city, but very green. Contact Patrick Allard at his blog The Nebulon Fry for directions.

Michael

If you want a compromise between country life and city convenience, there’s a fairly nice-looking apartment complex on the no.129 road just after the sharp corner where it turns from 仁北路 (Renbei Lu) into 光興路 (Guangxing Lu – I think). It looks a little old, but quite nice and peaceful, with tree-lined communal areas. It’s a fairly quick drive back into Dali from there, and the road is not too crowded for most of the way.

Hey guys, thanx for the quick response.

Actually went out an checked a few places yesterday, some look very promising! especially wufeng caotun.

my friend an i have a really nice job offer in dali city but its the first school we’ve been to an we unsure if we should check some others out, so we off to puli, then hualien back up to taipei. If nothing in a week we back, we’ve decided to settle for nothing less than what we really want. and i want to live and hopefully work closer to greenery, i’m from south africa and we not used to this crazy continuous built up areas. I dont really care bout money, i think my sanity is more important :slight_smile: or maybe i’m being naive, we’ll see :slight_smile:

wish us luck,
cheers

cands