Housing pets in case of quarantine

The only thing I worry about for you and myself is what happens to our pets if we have to go into quarantine? Whose going to take care of our furbabies?

3 Likes

Allegedly,they are taken to pet hotel. I have seen the reports, so far there have been no incidents. But yes, with elderly or sick pets it would be a nightmare.

5 Likes

Which is all well and good. But mine’s a free range rabbit.

Her been jammed in a tiny cage 24/7 isnt good.

1 Like

“Pet hotel” sounds like a tiny cage in a veterinary clinic. I’ve got 12 dogs. Two of them are quite elderly and need special care. All of my dogs are rescues and were dumped, abused or both. Many have separation anxiety when I’m absent for more than 5 minutes. I call 黑黑 my velcro dog or sticky dog because she’s always got to be right next to me. In fact, she’s under my desk as I type this post.

I’ve got a fairly large property and I can quarantine here at my house without coming into contact with anyone. I’m not leaving for quarantine for any reason.

7 Likes

Hopefully you will not get sick and get out in a couple of weeks.

If you get sick then at least your pet will be taken care of.

Mine are also under medical diet. I try my best not to get sick but I cannot control my coworkers or neighbors. I do try to avoid crowds but gotta go to the hospital for maintenance. Until this whole plague is over, then we can breathe in peace.

What do you do when you travel? Do you have someone who looks after them then? Perhaps now, out of an abundance of caution, might be a good time for pet lovers to ask someone you know if they can make arrangements to take care of them at the last minute in the unlikely event it’s needed and leave a key somewhere if necessary. Or check with your vet. When my beloved dog was still with us our terrific vet had facilities to care for certain types of pets. Also, stocking up on pet food and whatever else they require might be a good idea too these days, just in case.

4 Likes

Travel? What’s that? Seriously. I haven’t been outside of Taiwan since August 2019 and I won’t travel within Taiwan because I find peoples’ behavior terribly low class and annoying.

We’ve got a few people lined up in case the worst occurs. But, I still maintain that I won’t be leaving my house. Even if the pigs come to my place, they’ll never find me and just have to walk away empty handed.

6 Likes

empty-trottered?

1 Like

Last time I went out of Taiwan the pet hotel was far more expensive than my own and mine was all included, meals, etc. The pet hotel was all fancy, full of activities and interaction.Very nice people, professionals, plenty of room, the cats were all housed together in their own room…

The cats stopped eating the third day. Bobby squealed like a pig for slaughter when they gave him a bath and was pissed off like a week. Oh and they couldn’t get him out for walks.

I was away for 3 days.

So, yeah, handing pets over ain’t easy.

1 Like

So don’t. I’ll be taking mine with me, if it comes to that. Other than the CCP trying to instill the fear of Xinnie in HK people by slaughtering hamsters, what stories have you heard of people giving COVID to their pets? (Or vice versa). I don’t wanna hear about the deer in Iowa. I don’t understand what’s up with that. Besides, they sleep with me. If I might have caught COVID, they might have caught it too. Keep the families together, eh?

Do pets stay COVID positive forever?

Are the zero Covid flagwavers worrying that the related measures might hit their pets?

1 Like

I feel slightly daunted by the logistics of getting all three cats into cages, and bringing along them and food and kitty litter. And their water fountain, because they’re dumb and will almost never drink out of a bowl.

1 Like

Yes. I have a friend who believes COVID is not as serious and parties and dined and uses the same mask for weeks-they are useless, he says. He won’t set foot in my house nor will I dine with him until this is over. I will not expose my pets.

If I get hauled in, I trust the protocols. My pets will not like it but they will survive. If I get sick, it will be ugly, and they will suffer. But they will survive.

That is why we do everything in our power to control the contagion spread. Let it rip out of control has too many consequences. And two weeks apart is better than a lifetime.

This is not a cold. Cold virus does not penetrate the brain barrier nor does it turn your lungs to jello. Respect nature or face the consequences.

2 Likes

I plan on being forced into quarantine within a city. Then it’ll be food panda delivery for both me and the cats (there are cat stores that deliver in Taipei, anyway)

I have uber eats, a credit card and a new gaming laptop with a 3050 Ti.

I’m good for quarantine.

1 Like

Unless you get sent to a government facility that doesn’t allow food deliveries :dizzy_face:

2/3 chabuduo.

If I can play games, I’m good enough. I have more than enough Internet on my 4G phone to keep me happy.

1 Like