How Amateur Sleuths Broke the Wuhan Lab Story and Embarrassed the Media

What do you see as “the status quo”?

Similar people getting elected every four years.

I’m not sure I follow. Haven’t most countries thrown a big spanner in the works in that regard?

Yes, and TPTB presumably want things to go back to where they have always been.

That certainly seems to be the plan in the UK (so far). I’m not so sure about the rest of the world.

And I think one still has to consider the possibility that the CCP is waging biological warfare on the rest of the world. Even if they didn’t do it deliberately, even if you think it was just pure incompetence, the net result is much the same, and so far they have been taking full advantage of that. Losing a world war (particularly if they haven’t even noticed that there is a world war) is going to put a dampener on first-world plans to keep the gravy train running, I reckon.

Assuming one’s enemy is an idiot is a bad move, IMO, particularly if the enemy appears to be winning.

1 Like

Is your argument that with the exception of the UK TPTB want change? Or, you’re not sure about this?

I can assume my enemy to be an idiot and I only think that’s a bad move if my idiots are even moreso.

I honestly don’t know what on earth is going on.

My original theory, from many months back, was that either China had deliberately released a biological agent as part of their grand strategy to dominate the global stage, or that they had accidentally done so and decided to take advantage of the situation. However, they leveraged it as a psychological weapon, not as a biological one (because it doesn’t kill anybody). They used FUD to achieve their strategic goal, which was to bankrupt everyone and get them obsessed with some irrelevant boogeyman while they quietly took over all the systems that make the planet tick (including global manufacturing).

I’ve not seen anything at all that might contradict this position: China has gone from strength to strength over the last 18 months and is now essentially untouchable. The ‘lab leak’ hypothesis at least seems to confirm that China was the origin of the virus - the argument now is about how it happened.

It could be that the UK have simply conceded defeat and are getting on with business as usual as a vassal state of Greater China.

It’s possible that there are multiple games being played, with different governments or private organisations dicing up the spoils between them. It seems unlikely that 200 nations are all playing the same game.

To be clear: I’m just spitballing here. A few more quotes for you:

All warfare is based on deception.

The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

Pretend inferiority and encourage the enemy’s arrogance.

1 Like

I didn’t hedge my bets. I was clear from the start that it was an accidental release. Got labelled as a conspiracy theorist, so I probably shouldn’t label you as one for positing the deliberate release theory.

We’ll probably never know for sure.

?
Cleavage-enhancement-contouring-before-and-after

1 Like

Tell me you are joking :unamused:

So not only has the virus hit the expat community in Taiwan invisibly, but also the Taiwanese/Chinese everywhere and in Taiwan (as well as some Taiwanese friends of mine in the US and UK who I know got infected) didn’t actually catch the virus, but were faking it or something? You realize that is being implied with this trashcan “ethnic bioweapon” theory?

Trashcan theory? Not really.

The question is, if it is an ethnic bioweapon, then how did they achieve it - there has been highly suspicious deep-dive in Neanderthal DNA gene research in China as well as “ancestry DNA” tests around the world - whoever has access to that genetic data could potentially do harm, and it appears China has indeed obtained some access.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-genomics-military-exclusive-idUSKBN29Z0HA

Covid Severity - Neanderthal DNA Link:

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/9/e2026309118

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/12/neanderthal-gene-found-many-people-may-open-cells-coronavirus-and-increase-covid-19

. Substantial evidence now indicates that our genetic background may be involved in the transmissibility of SARS-CoV-2 and the rapid progress of COVID-19 in some infected individuals. Although both morbidity and mortality of COVID-19 strongly depends on key factors such as age and co-existing health conditions, potential classes of human genomic variants possibly affect the likelihood of SARS-CoV-2 infection and its progress.

Of course I’m not joking. I doubt you’ve ever bothered to check the official government figures, but virtually nobody under 50ish was seriously harmed by COVID, anywhere. A majority of foreigners in Taiwan are young-ish professionals due to the terms of their visa.

And “infected” is not the same thing as “dead”. Try asking dead people if you don’t believe me.

My thesis is that Taiwan has been COVID-free for a year, therefore no person who had COVID-like symptoms in 2020 could have had COVID. Taiwan isn’t actually an outlier: there are dozens of countries claiming that they haven’t had any COVID cases/deaths - chart below. One likely explanation is that, since COVID has only one or two unique symptoms that are easily missed and don’t always occur, they simply haven’t checked.

Anyway, I wasn’t claiming incontrovertible proof that China actually had invented an ‘ethnic bioweapon’. I was just interested to read that it was theoretically possible and pondering on the possible implications.

I see you continue to disregard the recent studies from the UK and Ireland linked in the Long Covid thread.

Doing so is your business of course, but I remain intrigued by your unshakeable confidence in asserting absence in the face of these findings. :neutral_face:

Guy

2 Likes

Look at the statistics. Large numbers in the context of large populations are actually not as large as you think.

Of course I realise that the goalposts of fear have now moved to “long COVID”, although as per the latest post in that thread it appears that the syndrome is correlated to the same underlying problems that cause complications with … um, short COVID. Anyway: if 10% of the UK population have been recorded as “cases”, and if 25% of them were moderate-to-serious, and if one-third of them ended up with debilitating “long COVID” (I’m being very generous with the numbers here) then 0.75% of the population have some form of “long COVID”. Of course it sounds a lot more impressive if you say “half a million”. Estimates of two million from the fearmongering press are highly implausible: that would be one-third of all recorded cases.

As for my choice of words, I’m speaking relatively (relative to more serious issues that have been with us for a while and are routinely ignored):

“long COVID” might be a problem. It is not the problem. Nor is it a problem that can be addressed via the magic of vaccines.

Well I guess this remains again a matter of risk assessment.

In my line of work (and I suspect for many people) cognitive damage is not a plus.

Cheers,
Guy

1 Like

Exactly - and we absolutely should ponder the implications.

We’ve learned that even in the face of the Wuhan Lab Leak narrative which has swung from impossible to possible, that we should consider the possibility of ethnic bioweapons, and absolutely studies should be done to arrive at a concrete conclusion. If we don’t, what happens if its true and China does it again? Are we open to a 2-3 year lockdown cycle every time China doesn’t get a good enough trade deal?

Wuhan Lab Leak
2020 - Impossible --------> 2021 - Possible ------> 2022 - Lab Origin Confirmed?

Method
2020 - Natural -----> 2021 - Accidental ------> 2022 - Deliberate?

1 Like

I just noticed you misquoted me. I said “virtually nobody under 50ish”. The UK ONS recorded 5000 deaths “with” COVID in the 0-60 agegroup during 2020. I can’t find case numbers grouped by age; however, it seems highly unlikely that long COVID cases would be two orders of magnitude higher than deaths.

I copied and pasted your quote, so not sure where the misquotation lies.

Cheers,
Guy

It doesn’t seem to have held you back so far. :wink:

3 Likes

Yes but remember some of us have very little space to fall. :upside_down_face:

Guy