How are/were your experiences working in international sales in Taiwan?

What is the compensation structure like? How much did you receive in performance bonuses?

Depends who you work for, and what you sell.
Best work for company based in EU/ USA/JPN better pay standards, I have EU company boss but can work somewhat remote (in Kao Office)

I have some EU schooling, thus have work rights= connections= better job. Lots of Taiwanese do not use the time after school to work in EU, I thought it’s more useful (experince) than the classroom

2 Likes

A company that recently interviewed me told me it would offer me 50k in monthly pay and a year end bonus equivalent to 1 month. It then said that the sales bonus is typically 10% - 20% of the annual base salary.

If its a Taiwanese company - the sales target is almost impossible to achieve and has no connection to actual current numbers. Also the revenue is often separated from commission revenue. It might be worth your while to ask for how much sales commission your colleagues in different regions are making. And whatever you do don’t trust the word of a Taiwanese manager - reach out to your counterparts privately and verify this. Hell even better reach out to the guy who quit/got fired and ask his perspective. For Taiwanese companies best tactic is to demand a higher base pay and forget about the sales bonus. Demand an acceptable base salary that works for you x 14 Months. For the rest ask all the questions that you think are relevant - if you are new and have no sales experience it might be hard to ask too much as you wont know the right questions to ask or what you are trying to do asking them. On the other hand if you are experienced and brining connections from your current network - your negotiating power with your company can improve significantly.

2 Likes