HOW can I find a good Chinese Doctor

I’d like to have a good Chinese Doctor without having to have friends translate or being given any weird medicine from endangered animals. Herbs and stuff are fine, as is acupuncture.

Questions:
*What should I look for in a clinic?

*If I ask the desk staff whether the doctor speaks English, will they be honest? (Generally speaking, of course.)

*Can I make specific requests, like that they can’t touch my feet. NOBODY touches my feet, EVER, and lives to tell the tale. They’re extremely ticklish and sensitive. Reflexology is OUT.

*Should I just try the first English-speaking Chinese doctor and see what happens, or will that put my health in danger, as in western medicine? If not, what questions should I ask.

I can’t believe that I’ve been here in Taiwan as long as I have without doing this. I’m not sick, but my goal is to improve my overall health, and apparently Chinese medicine is great for “whole body” treatment. I’d love any advice anyone has. I’m in Hsinchu, so please don’t recommend specific clinics in Taipei unless you seriously think it would be worth the commute.

Thanks! I appreciate it.

Go to a hospital and get a recommendation. Chinese and Western doctors get along a bit better here than they do in Western countries, and sometimes give each other referrals. If you go to a hospital and see a regular doctor, they will almost certainly know someone. Good luck.

referral is the only way.

If you see a lot of Chinese doctor, you will find that 95% of all Chinese doctors are absolute crap. the reason is that Taiwan has become Westernized. Westernization causes schism between mind, body, and Spirit. Very few of them understand that body mind spirit are one.

But the 5% of doctors who really follow and understand traditional Chinese teachings actually heal people like magic. Those people practice very advanced spirituality. They are either enlightened or are very close to enlightenment. But unfortunately they do not advertise themselves. They only see 2-3 patients per day because they say it drains their Chi to treat patients. They don’t need money and have no desire for money.

Those doctors exist, but they are hard to find. They either live in small towns or high up on the mountains. Also they are very specialized. I saw a shaman / doctor who mostly treat skin disease. I was cured within hours.

Mordeath13 on youtube has an interesting story to tell about a kungfu master. It’s worth listening.

But at any rate, referral is the only way.