How can I print out web pages without losing the right side?

Almost every time I try to print out a web page, about 20% of the right side of each page is cut off.

At first I thought it was because the web pages that I print out are usually from American websites, so I thought that maybe they were designed to be printed out on American 8.5" x 11" paper, whereas I’m trying to print on A4 paper, which is 21 cm wide. But the difference between 21 cm and 8.5 inches is only 3%, whereas the amount of the right-hand side that is cut off is about 20%. So I’m sure that the problem is not due to printing on A4 paper rather than 8.5" x 11" paper.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

My printer only cuts off about 1/4" on each side which normally isn’t a problem with most stuff coming with a 1/2-1" margin already. Have you checked your printer driver settings to make sure it is set for the correct paper type?

Mark the text, then click File and print the “Selected Text” only.

or just copy to a word document, and print that

Oh duh, I understand the problem now. The problem is that web pages aren’t designed to be printed, so if it’s wider than will fit on a printed page, you’ll have problems. If the web site doesn’t have a “printable version” link, another thing you can try is using a different browser, since every browser handles this differently.

With Firefox, there is a File>Print Preview option. Then I select the correct percent to shrink the page so that all the text fits on the page. (About 70% works for forumosa.com). That’s all there is to it.

I don’t know about an IE “Print Preview” option because I refuse to use Internet Explorer.

With IE, when I go to File > Print Preview, I can also shrink the page by adjusting the percentage. However, no matter how much I shrink the page, it still cuts off 20% to 30% of the right-hand side.

Jlick, you’re right that the problem is that web pages are usually wider than the width of an A4 sheet of paper (21 cm).

Is the only solution to highlight the text and then choose “Print selection” or to copy and paste to an MS Word file? I wish I could just print out a web page directly, by shrinking it down so that it can fit on an A4 sheet of paper. Since IE apparently doesn’t have any way of doing this, is there a freeware or shareware that I could install which would allow me to do this? (I don’t want to change browsers because I’m already very familiar with IE.)

By the way, I already checked my printer settings, and I’m sure there’s no problem there.