How Can I Pursue an Acting Career In Taipei/Beijing?

I’m skeptical this ain’t a troll, but here goes:

If you don’t have a Taiwan passport, then, no. Highly doubtful local model mills will sponsor an Asian featured model.

If you do have a passport, you will be a small fish in a big pond with zero contacts or guanxi. you best be the Asian Olivier if you want to work at all.

And no one makes a living at acting. It’s a part time job at best. There is just not enough work being done here.

And your tat will not enter into the discussion. As said above, the make up department can deal with it.

As for Beijing…please look at a map. It is in another country.

14 Likes

My goal is either to act in Taipei or Beijing. But thanks for replying, i just needed to know if my tat would affect what i wanna do. And was wondering how i can get started with acting

Do you have any experience?

Can we see your reel?

#bearmoviedirector

2 Likes

You will need to forget everything you have learnt in the US, and retrain at the Taipei School of Overacting.

8 Likes

Okay OP, I am in a better mood now. Sorry for my curtness last night. Been a rough few weeks. That said, I just had an awesome rehearsal with two extremely talented expactors (sic) for a new play I am directing and more willing to be helpful.

I didn’t answer your PM as I chose to answer you in thread. If you would like to pick my brain and test your skill, I suggest you try my Actor Workout.

First one is free. :male_detective:

1 Like

How did you know it wasn’t a face tattoo? :thinking:

It’s on his shoulders.

Haha

Thank you! I’ll try it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wasn’t joking. You said it was on your shoulder as a reason why you couldn’t take a photo of it, which didn’t make sense to me.

1 Like

there’s a low glass ceiling for caucasian actors in Taipei/Beijing

I would find another way to make money. This is likely harder and less rewarding than making it in Hollywood, Bollywood or anywhere else.

Are you good at playing Japanese gangsters?

Poster is Chinese, if you please…

1 Like

Yeah, that would only work in Hollywood or Bollywood movies, not China.

then why he ask us abou the China?

Have you considered going to Hengdian?

Sorry, ethnic Han Chinese, aka ABC.

Unless you have some kind of outstanding skill, sorry OP, you’re facing a road of heartbreak and disillusion.

Source: Have multiple gaijin tarento friends in JP, know a few JYP trainees, was once a trainee 15 years ago with a now defunct entertainment company in Korea. You’re going to be considered worse than a native and a foreigner. You’ll have better luck in the States, trust me. Production companies are hard up for AA.