How Can I Pursue an Acting Career In Taipei/Beijing?

How can I start my acting career in Taipei/Beijing? I am from the U.S and I am wondering if i can still act when I have a tattoo >.< Will i be able to pursue my dreams still?

need to see a pic of the tattoo to help make such a life-changing decision on your behalf.
you can cover your face, of course

7 Likes

Yes!

1 Like

I actually won’t be able to show a photo, since it is on my shoulder. I got it when i was younger, which i regret very much since it may affect what i want to do in the future :confused:

You can always have it lasered off. I’m told it hurts ten times worse than getting the tattoo does to begin with, though.

1 Like

That’s what i was thinking :frowning: Just scared it would leave a scar

You can ask @Toe_Save. He’s in the industry.

3 Likes

What about a cover-up? Something neutral and inoffensive like flowers or whatever.

2 Likes

I actually have flowers on my shoulder! I’m just scared I won’t be able to do it because it’s still on my body :(( Thanks so much for helping <3 I really appreciate it

Thank you!!

Flowers on your shoulders? How drunk were you. Now, Ollie Reed…

1 Like

Having a tattoo will not effect your acting ability.

1 Like

Might affect her chances of landing a role, though.

OP, you could get some heavy duty full coverage makeup and just cover it up as needed.

2 Likes

They already have make-up people to do all that, if you get the audition and get the part, they will already know how to deal with it. Worst thing you can do is hide it from the casting crew.

1 Like

As long as the tattoo doesn’t say “Fuck the CCP” or include Winnie the Pooh, you should be OK.

3 Likes

Why don’t you act in Los Angeles or New York?

2 Likes

Didn’t you read the original post? They have a flower tattoo on their shoulder. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I’m chinese and I actually really like acting, but I wouldn’t do it in Los Angeles or New York!! I did some modeling here but I feel like acting over there is what i genuinely wanna do

Yeah! Very big mistake

1 Like

hopefully :((