How can the post not know a live cat is in a box?

What, you’re in favor of licensing now, Fin? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh, I see. Just for animal breeders, not for drivers… speaking of which, the Supreme Administrative Court has recently upheld a pile of appeals by “Yubo” and friends, sending them back down a level in the court system. :doh: It’s not over, though…

I don’t think I ever suggested the government shouldn’t interfere in anything, ever.

As it happens I’m not in favour of breeder licenses, but I was asking the question: doesn’t such a system already exist?

If someone is shown to be neglecting or abusing the animals in their care, then they should be prevented from taking charge of more animals. Issuing and revoking licenses is one way of achieving that. Not the only way or the best way.

Aw, I was having a ball imagining your rant about how there’s no legal definition of kitten mill that isn’t circular, the nanny state has no business telling people they can’t arrange dates between animals they own, and so on. Thanks for ruining my fun. :slightly_frowning_face:

In taiwan, tehr eis no law limiting the number of animals a person can keep. I could have 100 cats in a 26 ping apartment and no one can acusse me of anything. That is the big Arc d´triumph loophole breeders use.

I was worried about that and about how many pets I have to my name as in the old country, a 4th world hellhole, there are limits to that. There are also limits to what can be rented out to a human being as a dwelling, both in terms of size, sanitation and safety.

License? You kidding? Anyone can sell pets on the Internet. the government is not the wiser, no taxes, no control, no helth or safety measures. That is why you have so many endangered species sold.

As to the existing laws… gin traps have been illegal for decades, every day dozens of dogs aand cats are maimed and killed. Same for being cooked in winter, restaurants just pay a ridiculous fine, keep on stealing pets, yet people blame SEA workers.

1 Like

They could accuse you of being crazy, but you already confessed to that, so meh. :wink:

Out of curiosity, do you recall what that size is? In Ontario it’s 100 square feet per human (unless it’s changed lately).

Nope. I could look it up…on vacation time. heck if there is that kind of info easily found online.

I also recall like there are so many humans allowed in a single dwelling. Which is funny, because the law applies teh same principle to pet: x number of square meters per animal, say an average home cannot have more than 3 dogs. Our homes in average are bigger than in Taiwan. And have a yard.