How can you not know you're pregnant until you give birth?

How can you not know you’re pregnant?
I don’t mean a month or two pregnant either. I mean about to give birth.

This woman went to hospital with stomach pains thinking she’d had a dodgy kebab and had a baby 60 seconds later. And the funny thing is, it’s by no means the first story I’ve read like this.

Is it really possible to give birth without realising you were pregnant??

ananova.com/news/story/sm_1664681.html?menu=

[quote=“irishstu”]How can you not know you’re pregnant?
I don’t mean a month or two pregnant either. I mean about to give birth.

This woman went to hospital with stomach pains thinking she’d had a dodgy kebab and had a baby 60 seconds later. And the funny thing is, it’s by no means the first story I’ve read like this.

Is it really possible to give birth without realising you were pregnant??

ananova.com/news/story/sm_1664681.html?menu=[/quote]

4 lb baby is pretty small. It was a preemie for certain.

How big was the woman to begin with? Did she have a waistline to lose?

Was she on the pill? Did she have an irregular period? If not, she may not have noticed anything, except for some fatigue, and not every woman gets the same pregnancy symptons.

There are reasons I suppose. But it is weird, for sure.

jds

I remember seeing a similar story a few years ago. In that situation, the mother was obese and just didn’t notice. People who are unhealthy may have extremely irregular periods to begin with, so there are a good number of cases of women who were pregnant for quite a while before noticing. Nine months is a bit long, though.

How can you be starting silly threads like these when you’ve got a gig in a couple of hours? :unamused:

Shouldn’t you be oiling your guitar? Are you sure you know all the songs? Have you practiced those cute facial expressions?

Don’t make me tell the chief!

I’ve heard it called all manner of things but never “oiling the guitar.”

I’ve heard it called all manner of things but never “oiling the guitar.”[/quote]I have.
What do you use on your banjo to make sure the strings don’t dry out ?

This woman eats Kebabs, reads the Sun, and is from Cumbria. She’s probably a bit thick.

Usually happens to obese 40+ women who just think they’re having a menopaus. But babies move a lot in the end, so it’s still hard to believe they find other explanations to all of those “symptoms.”

My mom’s colleague was 40+ when she started to suspect she was pregnant. She went to see a doc (no pregnance tests available that time) and the doc just sent her back home, saying she’s imagining it and it’s probably menopaus. 4 months later she went back to the doc to complain that the “menopaus” has started to move around a lot. :laughing:

[quote=“Notsu”]Usually happens to obese 40+ women who just think they’re having a menopaus. But babies move a lot in the end, so it’s still hard to believe they find other explanations to all of those “symptoms.”

My mom’s colleague was 40+ when she started to suspect she was pregnant. She went to see a doc (no pregnance tests available that time) and the doc just sent her back home, saying she’s imagining it and it’s probably menopaus. 4 months later she went back to the doc to complain that the “menopaus” has started to move around a lot. :laughing:[/quote]

Holy crap! That’s even worse. I mean, you’d think the doctor would know.

And as for “oiling my guitar”, hehe. What a line. I’ll have to save that one for later…