How could I start?

It’s not true bro. :rofl: it might have been told to you by someone who didn’t make it up, but they might have accepted it as uncritically as you did. Or they could’ve made it up, even if they had no reason to. :laughing:

If this was true, it’d be a easy Google search.

And there’s not that many fbi agents killed in the line of duty.

https://www.fbi.gov/history/wall-of-honor/

AND jiu jitsu hasn’t been popular in the states for that long.

AND a jiu jitsu black belt fbi agent probably isn’t going to lay back into an arm bar vs actually controlling a suspect. A knee on belly / neck / head would do nicely.

There are many types of arm bars.

Not commonly used as a finishing move in jiu jitsu. :wink:

1 Like

I will admit I may not have all of the details exactly right, but the point here is just that a highly motivated individual with access to weapons is someone to be taken very seriously.

I’m not sure anybody needed a probably not true anecdote to believe that. :wink:

1 Like

If I can get verifiable evidence, do I get a prize? :smiley:

1 Like

Sure, I’ll buy you some beers next time I’m in Taiwan, if you’re there.

1 Like

Or let him get you in an arm bar.

I can think of three off the top of my head.

I like.

I’ll pass, I’m too old and broken at this point. :grin:

Three common jiu jitsu arm bars? Arm bar from mount, arm bar from guard (which isn’t all that common, but like the 2nd submission everyone learns), and… what’s a third?

Idk the name, but a belly down arm bar. There’s a UFC guy who’s done it a few times. Brutal.

This guy:

Wouldn’t exactly call that one common in jiu jitsu - might actually be more common in MMA. And it seems to have happened her because he was shook off the back and ended up in that position vs working for it. :wink:

I actually learned a variation of that in judo from AnnMaria De Mars to break down the turtle - you either finish belly down, or tuck a leg into their groin and try to flip them; with modern judo rules, unfortunately you don’t usually have time to break down someone in turtle, so you look to another attack. In jiu jitsu, it’s much more common to attack the back.

Dude, don’t be insufferable. That’s the second time that guy’s used that sub. It’s legit af.

It is legit. You brought it up as something commonly used. Do you think it’s really commonly used?

Hey. I’m moving to Taipei soon and I’m interested in taiji-classes. I can’t PM (as I’m a new member), so it’d be great if you could send me a message with more information :slight_smile:

practical pressure points

Don frye im a ghost GIF - Find on GIFER

1 Like