How do i get employer to back off?

Ok, my friend lost his job (got fired) a week ago. I posted about it before. The employer (a large chain) have been hassling him incessantly to sign a resignation form and they just visited him at his apartment. He lost his cool and told them to leave him alone apparently in no uncertain terms.

He is actually going to leave the country in about three weeks time anyway but this is really getting a bit much.

Is there someone he can contact for advice? He wants to leave the country legally with no problems.

The Council for Labor Affairs. The phone numbers and stuff are mentioned elsewhere on the site.
As far as I know, thy need this form in order to be allowed to issue another work permit to the next teacher.

He didn’t resign? Then don’t sign a resignation form. Simple.

When the government or police fail you, there is always the Bamboo Union/Triads. What city are you in?
It may cost you a favor, but is often very useful.

[quote=“Ma Ke”]When the government or police fail you, there is always the Bamboo Union/Triads. What city are you in?
It may cost you a favor, but is often very useful.[/quote]

I hope you are joking.

Those kinds of avenues you keep in your pocket in case of an [color=red]extreme[/color] emergency. You always want them owing you and not the other way around (ex: some kids get a “special” discount and a little bit more attention at my schools). But laying down the “gangster connection” Guanxi Card can be a risky play at best

The gangsters I was talking about are not the punks on the street, the ones picking fights and holding up 7-11. They are the middle aged men who just have to let the person in the wrong, the instegator know you are represented. They are incorporated in every facet of society up to the president.
Of course the dirty work is done buy their little brothers, if need be. Their power could be compared to the Mafia 60 years ago in the states. They don’t help just anybody, first you must earn their trust and not get to loud.
I’m a high profile foreigner living in Taiwan. Even if I was represented, I wouldn’t say anything.
So, of course I was joking.

[quote=“greeneyedgrrl”]Ok, my friend lost his job (got fired) a week ago. I posted about it before. The employer (a large chain) have been hassling him incessantly to sign a resignation form and they just visited him at his apartment. He lost his cool and told them to leave him alone apparently in no uncertain terms.

He is actually going to leave the country in about three weeks time anyway but this is really getting a bit much.

Is there someone he can contact for advice? He wants to leave the country legally with no problems.[/quote]

Does your friend know that he is entitled to one month’s salary for every year that he was employed by that school? If they are trying to get him to sign a letter of resignation when he was actually fired, it sounds like they are trying to cover their asses in this regard. If he does contact the CLA, he might want to inquire about this issue.