How do I pay taxes on income coming from my home country?

I an a french citizen married to a Taiwanese. We have been in Taiwan for a little more than a year and plan on staying here for the foreseeable future.

I have a small business (online language classes) registered in France that allow me to earn some money remotely. I declare all that I earn through it to the french authorities, and pay my taxes accordingly.

For now I have no other source of income. This business is just starting, After a few months dedicated to planning with no income I am now at the point where I can earn about 15000 TWD a month. There is potential for growth and I am aiming toward 25000/30000 (max) a month.

My customers are all french, I am paid in euros on a french account.

I have a dependent ARC and open working rights, so I do not think I am doing anything illegal.

I would like to know if I need to declare this income here, and if so when and how to go about it.
Also how much tax would I be expected to pay for this amount of money?

1 Like

15,000 a month is nothing… If you were alone this puts you in the poverty line anywhere in Taiwan.

Just file jointly with your wife or whatever income she earns.

How do you (the individual) get paid? Does the business give you a salary?

Is the business a separate entity, or is it a sole proprietorship?

I am the sole owner of the business (french micro-entreprise). The business has a dedicated bank account, from which I can withdraw money.

OK. So as that is individual income (a separate tax status, rather than a separate entity), and you are performing the services while physically in Taiwan, that is considered Taiwan sourced income after you have spent more than 90 days in Taiwan. Declare it when you file in May, and provide some bank transaction reports as supporting evidence.

1 Like

Ok thank you!

1 Like