How do naturalized Taiwanese citizens visit communist China?

how do naturalized Taiwanese citizens visit communist China? do they apply for one of thos TaiBaoZengs(?) like regular Taiwanese folks?

if so, how do Chinese airport passport checkers react?(when the naturalized Taiwanese citizens doesn’t even look remotely Asian?) :slight_smile:

1. Yep, same.

2. Not as bad as other foreigners who see you get ahead in line.

[quote=“Icon”]1. Yep, same.

1. Not as bad as other foreigners who see you get ahead in line.[/quote]

I’ll bet other Taiwanese passengers waiting in immigration lines at Taiwanese int’l airports are equally confused, no? :slight_smile:

Man, this thread is going to make Satellite TV’s day.

[quote=“Fraulein_Schumann”][quote=“Icon”]1. Yep, same.

1. Not as bad as other foreigners who see you get ahead in line.[/quote]

I’ll bet other Taiwanese passengers waiting in immigration lines at Taiwanese int’l airports are equally confused, no? :slight_smile:[/quote]

ARC holders can now go thru the ROC Citizen lines in Taiwan so this it’s not unusual. I take the direct flights from Songshan airport so the lines are in any case very short. Some of the PRC citizens get upset when told to join the foreigner queue :astonished: :astonished: and not the ROC queue when entering Taiwan though.

The only difference in China is that the foreigner queues can take a long time to get thru as they check all the immigration forms and visa’s. I am in Shanghai now, and at Pudong Airport the people who ask why I am in the PRC line are the staff who patrol the airport. The immigration staff just take your documents, and ask you to look into the camera and get your photo taken. As you don’t need to fill in immigration cards and there is less for them to check it’s much faster.

You will get stared at by other foreigners waiting in the foreigner queue as they are held up while PRC line speeds through. :smiley:

If you get the Pudong on a really busy day, especially all the flights arriving in the early morning, you can see it can take over an hour or more for foreigners to get through immigration, vs 15 to 20 mins for the Chinese line, but generally Pudong airport is very efficient. I will leave from the downtown Hongquiao airport tomorrow and I haven’t entered or left from there before. As I do a lot of business in Hongquiao Jinagan and Puxi it’s much better to get a flight from Songshan to Hongquiao but they are normally fully booked as Hongquiao service has just started. Shanghai Airlines are pretty good and will always seat tall passengers in the emergency rows where there is a lot more leg room.

I left my office in Taipei at 10:15am and take the MRT to catch an 11:30am flight to Shanghai from Songshan airport. I try to always take flights from Songshan when I travel to China and Japan as it’s so convenient for all. Short queues for everybody.

[quote=“Satellite TV”] .

I left my office in Taipei at 10:15am and take the MRT to catch an 11:30am flight to Shanghai from Songshan airport. I try to always take flights from Songshan when I travel to China and Japan as it’s so convenient for all. Short queues for everybody.[/quote]

thanks! that’s very useful info. :slight_smile:

thanks! that’s very useful info. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Just remember to apply for your visa about a month in advance as your documents need to be sent to Hong Kong.

It’s much better to have the Taibao as we can go in and out of China far more easily. I have at times made trips where I enter and leave China several times in a 2 week period, something you cannot do on a normal visitor visa.