How do people working 8-4 Monday-Friday jobs visit banks which close at 3:30?

How do people working 8-4 Monday-Friday jobs visit banks which close at 3:30?

Currently I do have service with the post office bank, but I would also like to get a credit card, so I need to check out other options (that all seem to close at 3:30).

Union Bank (UB)?

Lunch hour

4 Likes

yeah lunch hour…granted both are within a stone’s throw away from the office.

Then back to work late, it’s what everyone else seams to do

The banks dont care about you.

They only care about people who have deep bank accounts like businesses and Zuckerbergs.

Depends on how good your company’s relationship is with the bank… the bank my company uses allows teachers to enter the bank til 5pm. We tell the school we want to visit after-hours, they notify the bank, and they let us in via a side door.

1 Like

If regarding business - payment transaction in USD or TWD we need to prepare before closing hours by filling up the required documents and send it via fax then they will collect the original document on next day (boss is quite good customer :money_mouth_face: so yeah she got good service she don’t have to bring the original form to the bank).

I get 2 hours of bank leave per month.

1 Like

Is that really a thing?

Yeah, it’s in my contract.

you try to do business with banks that are near your place of work. usually visit during lunchtime or take the morning/afternoon off if you need to do something particularly tedious. I pay everything at the 7-11/Family Marts, the usual pain in the butt visits to the banks are when you have to pay more than 20k on your credit card or deposit stupid checks.

Ocassionally they will insist that you have to go back to the bank office you opened your account with for some obscure reason. Now that is a PIB.

Post office bank is open till 5pm

Cancel the old one and open a new one if you move?

Defeats the purpose of bank branches.

Oh, by sheer luck I happen to live where I opened my account…20 years ago. There are like 3 around my workplace and at least 3 times in recent memory I have been told to go back to the original one for A or B. Luckily, for getting new ATM cards or other common stuff, they can send it from that branch to one of my choice. Let´s not discuss the logic and logistics of that, but at least I do not have to go there.

1 Like

Tough stuff.