How do you consume your apple cider vinegar? 🍏🥂

I got at Costco.
So I’d say Kirkland! :upside_down_face:

I recommend Bragg brand. Heck, when I was managing a health food store back in early 80’s this brand was considered an old brand. The real stuff with the “mother” as they say.

2 Likes

Ahh gotcha. i thought costco might also be selling the bragg one.

Never tried the kirkland brand. Any notes or special flavors?

Edit. These are the only brands i can find here. Only tried the one on the left. ~ok~ for cooking.

If you cannot find Bragg brand at a health food store…try asking them to order for you. If a health food store in Hualien can order Bragg then other stores should be able to also.

1 Like

Check the labels. I bought one a while ago that was “flavored”.

1 Like

ya, we can find braggs in cities when we go to one. many places have it. The nearest place we have is a px mart a couple towns up. Not a whole lot of options.

Personally i dont like the whole mother aspect, for cooking. Fine for drinking, but from what i have tried in cooked food it was wierd haha. Maybe i am doing it wrong.

The flavored ones can get wierd too, youre right on that! Thats why i dont like fruit vinegars here. But wine/cider vinegars are usually at least decent. Might be a taste thing.

I expected it to be in the ketchup aisle beside the white vinegar and Japanese vinegar. It was stacked on a tiny corner of the soft drink section behind a sampling stand, so I missed it the first time I walked through there. They only had about 10 packs left.

None of my nephews or nieces liked it, but the adults all did.

1 Like

In a way, their logic is sound. Drinking vinegars vs cooking. Always check the drink section :slight_smile:
Here is our nearest supermarket.

Cooking section (with oils, soy sauce etc)

Drink section

1 Like

I have three categories.
Heinz white vinegar for washing clothes. Cane vinegar for cooking. Apple cider vinegar for drinking.

1 Like

I have veen liking that thick black chinese stuff they call black rice wine vinegar recently for making things like certain bbq/hotpot sauce. To me eons to appreciate it, but its growing on me.

1 Like

It’s really good in hot pot sauce with satay, spicy fermented beans, a bit of soy sauce, garlic, ginger and a raw egg yolk.

That’s the good stuff. If you can find it, get that. Otherwise try to find it with the mother.

The braggs one?

This is how I consume mine at dinner time… 1~2 tbsp of ACV, 1tbsp honey, 3-4tbsp rose syrup, 1 can soda water & crushed ice• In the mornings right before I leave for work, it’s just 1tbsp ACV and half a glass of filtered water.

2 Likes

No, the black vinegar.

1 Like

Ya for sure perfect for hot pot. Never tried with the eggs before. Cheers, will try that out next time! Any tricks with the eggs, or as easy as it seems?

Nope, just get as much of the white out as you can.

It used to be almost everyone put a raw egg yolk in their hot pot sauce but it seems to have fallen out of favor somewhat even though hot pot places usually have really nice refrigerated eggs now.

1 Like

Ya, food poisoning stopped me from restaraunt egg style sauces before. I trust it more if cooking at home :slight_smile: