How do you consume your apple cider vinegar? 🍏🥂

I decided to try some apple cider vinegar and got a pack with three bottles at Costco.

Thinking it was some kind of vinegar I had before, I open the first bottle and drunk it without diluting first. :woozy_face:
Rookie mistake, I know! :person_facepalming:
After asking our friend Google, I learned that I should have it diluted, 1 tablespoon in 1 glass of water.
I tried it and it was much more pleasant! :yum:

Considering that 1 bottle has about 200 tablespoons, it will take me 2 years to finished what I bought by having one glass of diluted drink a day! :exploding_head:

So I’m looking for alternative ways to consume it.
What are your suggestions?

3 Likes

I bought the same three bottles (it’s way too much, in retrospect). I was intending to use it to make ghost pepper hot sauce. Might use it the next time I make pulled pork or something as well, but I don’t use a lot of vinegar in general.

I’m not sure what I’ll do with the other 2.5 bottles, but I don’t plan to drink it directly. :nauseated_face:

Drink 3 times per day to finish it faster :slight_smile:
Add a tablespoon of honey to the mix.

Make everyone in your family drink it to finish it faster.

Share it with everyone in your family to finish it faster.

5 Likes

That sounds good!

I have one of those home soda machines, so I mix it with sparkling water and ice. :yum: Sometimes I add a pinch of sea salt.

1 Like

I have one of those too!
What proportions do you use?

1 Like

Ditto. My wife and I recently watched a video about weight loss and healthy eating. It recommended that stuff every night for the liver. I’m going to use the two extra bottles, at least in part, for chorizo spag sauce.

1 Like

How do I consume my apple cidar vinegar?

STRAIGHT

1 Like

Your teeth will love you. :laughing:

If you’re not joking, better to dilute it.

3 Likes

I’ve had success with a slow cooker pulled pork recipe that uses apple cider vinegar and have recently wanted to do it again. Where do you get your pork from?

1 Like

In salad dressing.

4 Likes

Chicken adobo

1 Like

Am I missing out on something if I’ve never heard about apple cider vinegar water before? :thinking:

I usually buy the four packs of Boston butt from Costco and vary between a BBQ-flavor pulled pork and a cochinita pibil version. I make pulled chicken more frequently though (faster and don’t need to pick through to remove the lumps of fat after cooking, which I’m quite fussy about).

2 Likes

I add only 1 or 2 table spoons of apple cider vinegar, the rest is sparkling water and ice depends on how warm the weather is.

2 Likes

Where is it displayed? In the ketchup/slices aisle? Going to Costco later.

1 Like

I keep a squeeze bottle of apple cider vinegar in the shower to put on my feet. Seems to keep the shrooms at bay.

1 Like

Anyone know where they keep it?
Found it… Near the cola

1 Like

Not that hard to find, presumably depends on the store, and you can always ask the staff if it’s that much of a challenge.

It isn’t near the cola in Zhonghe (although they sometimes have some vinegar drinks, which are). It’s over in the soy sauce/oil/rice/etc. aisles. Are you sure you’ve got the right thing?

1 Like

We only cook with it. Or make simple salad dressings when we make a salad. Sometimes pickle with it depending on the mood.

I really dislike vinegar drinks so its 100% used in food.

What brands do you guys like?

1 Like