How does China treat immigrants? What about HK or TW (speculation)

I follow a few YouTubers from China.
They came as English Teachers, got married, some started businesses and they basically led the same lives we do.

But, things changed. The police started harassing them. There activities became restrictive and they ended up leaving.

There are still a good number there but people call them shills. They basically go on govt sponsors trips and dance with vegetables. …

Have any foreigner accepted Chinese citizenship or is this impossible…

Hong Kong…
I’m a hillbilly in a small City with a McDonald’s. I’m loosing social skills for quite some time and a accost foreigners just to keep up my English skills and see what’s happening in the outside…

A number of years ago, outside McDonald’s, I met a couple. They were from Hong Kong. They were not Chinese. They were citizens. They had civil service jobs. I believe the husband worked for the police :police_car:.

I didn’t get to chat much. They were at a bus stop heading out of town.
I was already dumbstruck… White (sorry, I should say not Chinese) citizens, police… how. I was stuck on a loop in my mind.

China let them keep their police careers. They are citizens, how?
To be fair, this was before the major change.
Are the formerly British non ethic Chinese or their children going to stay in civil service and enforce the more pro Chinese law?
Will China strip them all of citizenship and deport them to England?
I would really love to read candid blogs
“I’m a former British Citizen now Hong Kong er under China”

Lastly… What if China manages to take control, non violently and we’re left alive.
I’m pretty much not going anywhere and will,if they will have me, surrender my citizenship and become Taiwanese. My kids are already Dual.
If China gets in power, will they stay back and let us live our daily lives… Or will they deport us?
Sorry for the long post. So many questions. So much time to read.
Speculate with me or give me juicy reading…