How does gay marriage work in Taiwan?

I wish to marry my boyfriend in Taiwan, he is in the philippines and im in Canada. How does gay marriage works in taiwan? What is the step by step process? Thank you.

Are you both foreign or is one of you Taiwanese?

1 Like

Same sex marriages work just the same as other marriages. Make sure you have all the documents required from your country, same for your future spouse.

There are plenty of threads detailing marriage for two foreigners, if that is the case.

I think @fuzzy_barbecue assisted people from Philippines in similar cases recently.

3 Likes

He is a Filipino and lives in the philippines right now. Me too a Filipino but a canadian citizen. We widh to go there in Taiwan and get married, but we don’t know how to start and how the process works, what are the requirements and stuff like that.

1 Like

Thanks to uour reply. I really appreciate it if someone is knowledgeable to assist is about the process…from requirements and stuff like that. Byvthe way, we are filipino,but im a dual canadian citizen. He is currently living in philippines and im in canada. Were planning to go tgere in taiwan and get married.

There’s a lot of info here

Foreigners Getting Married in Taiwan

4 Likes

Are either of you in Taiwan currently? Are you both planning to travel here to get married?

To be honest, it’s a pain in the ass, even for Filipino couples with ARCs (residence permits), to get married here; I can’t imagine how it will go for non-resident Filipinos. They probably won’t accept it, but it’s worth a try. Send me a PM, and I’ll see if I can help.

I failed. TECO was uncooperative, and the couples didn’t want to continue, probably out of frustration.

1 Like

Hi there…Were not in taiwan yet but willing to travel just to get married and if somebody will guide us on how the process goes. Thank you so much, i really appreciate it. I dont know how to direct message u here on this website.

it might be easier if residency is not involved in the process.

once you collect all the required documents listef in thr instruction, you just need to visit any HHR office and submit a form with the documents.

getting a CENOMAR authenticated at TECO in Philippines may be the hardest part.

https://www.taiwanembassy.org/ph_en/post/5247.html

2 Likes

Thank you so much…I really appreciate this informations.