How is Postal Voting a bad idea?

Yes, it is a terrible idea. Especially in 2020. Every American should see it as his or her duty to vote in person (except expats, obviously).

It’s the only way for either side to find the final result credible.

I did listen to your points. They’re not bad, but what if I have no other choice as I am overseas?

I wish my wife’s family were that considerate. We had our Taiwanese household registration with her for a while. The aunt opened every single letter before giving it to us.

1 Like

I don’t have an issue with absentee ballots overseas.

I’d have lost my F888in mind.

1 Like

Let’s just say it was a good thing I didn’t speak any mandarin.

She’d open my bank letters then announce to everyone at dinner “I got a bank statement for [my name]. You don’t have much in there, are you doing alright”.

2 Likes

No. Please put some money in for me.

3 Likes

This recent article talks about how it can be (or has been?) done

And this article talks about why it is still secure and accurate

1 Like

These two examples came up in google. I’m sure there are others as well.

In my opinion we should vote in person as much as possible without disenfranchising the elderly, infirm, abroad, etc. Especially in 2020, especially now.

https://www.mtdemocrat.com/opinion/guest-column-mail-in-ballot-fraud-worse-than-admitted/etm

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-man-charged-mail-in-voting-fraud-elections

Yeah, your f888in hongbaos are too small.

2 Likes

Hah. The NY Post article is one I was looking for but was too far down search results to find quickly.

I wish we got them as adults. I didn’t need money as a kid. I need it now lol :joy:

3 Likes

I always wanted video games and they were so expensive. $69.99 1997 Dollars plus 15% GST and PST for a SNES cartridge.

I will forever love and cherish the copy of Donkey Kong Country II I spent the entire year of saving spot change for.

It took will power to reject chocolate, candy, cheap toys and gum.

2 Likes

I don’t even remember what I used the money on. Probably some Jordan’s that I outgrew I’m a few months with how fast I grew.

2 Likes

I still remember where I purchased the game.

Price Club-Costco

I still have it.

While we are playing “what if” have you considered the worst case scenario if two sides can’t agree on the outcome of an election?

1 Like

That’s why we have independent judiciaries.

It doesn’t even matter in the US anyways. The party elites vote for president in December. It might as well be a show. It’s no wonder voter turnout is so poor.

Like the ones overseeing the Flynn case?

Even then going though courts might take months or years to settle, what do you expect to happen in the meantime?

2 Likes

It’s really hard to screw up 538 votes.

John Podesta and his buddies ran a scenario where they screwed it up very badly, like to guess what the outcome was?

1 Like