How is Postal Voting a bad idea?

Think about it.

I don’t know. But the fact that we have to question it seems to be enough to not try. This isn’t something we can get wrong and say oops. This is how governments collapse and civil wars start.

I don’t think I’m a large scale single organization is a huge possibility. But i do think this happening at a small scale in large enough quantities ruins the legitimacy of the election and integrity of the ballot.

I do think it’s likely there will be a significant amount of votes that are from people voting for other family members. Such as parents for kids. And as I mentioned, being pressure to vote by others is also a concern. I think the elderly are also easy targets to vote for.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure I have no idea how 1910 West 47th Street, Cleveland Ohio is voting.

If you do, then I would like to know what you are smoking to get those psychic powers.
Nice house though.

So ballots will be delivered to that address? If so then I propose that any mail so addressed is subject to being destroyed.

No, but you said address. Address of the voter?

This is a huge problem even without postal voting. Even here in Taiwan. My wife’s aunt gave her a 2 hour lecture on how to vote for the blue party. I’m sure if it were a postal vote, her aunt would have filled it out and posted it for her.

1 Like

But you say as if there would be no resistance at all.

You and your wife seem like smart people, would you not have resisted?
Would you not have pressed charges?

Wouldn’t have pressed charges. Because … family.

1 Like

Exactly. I doubt most family would rat each other out if they didn’t care enough to vote either.

1 Like

If family members are getting coerced everywhere, it seems like there is more of an apathy and education problem than there is a voting problem.

My family like the Liberal Party. They’ve attempted to suggest that I shouldn’t vote Conservative, but they have never touched my mail in voting papers.

2 Likes

You don’t think those people getting on a boat to parade for Trump or those people screaming with pussy hats would try to vote for others if they could?

Not every family is like yours. People cut ties with family members for voting for Trump these days.

Well… Granted the President suggested people should try to vote twice after decrying alleged fraud. I think that’s probably a bigger issue, but fair enough.

A lot of great points made here. Even if I don’t agree with everything.

I definitely believe that mail in ballots should be available to overseas citizens.

1 Like

That would be on the return address label.

The address label will be that of the polling station. Every address label with the polling station address poof goes “missing.” Or is subject to same.

You don’t think a 0% turnout wouldn’t raise alarms?

And still, they dont know what the votes inside actually say, it just seems like a very blind effort. A rolling of the dice.

My understanding of that was he was saying it ironically (“if voter fraud really isn’t an issue, than we shouldn’t have an issue with people voting twice since they’d be found out” [suggesting that the system cannot catch people voting twice]).

Not a good look, sure, but also not seriously suggesting people commit voter fraud

I wouldn’t even joke about that… It’s so distasteful.

1 Like

But this is information that’s available. Party activists know which households vote which way (or are likely to), so it’s a little more complicated granted.

As I mentioned earlier this kind of fraud has been going on for a long time in the US, likely as long as mail in ballots have been counted.

You mean how he tricked to media into agreeing with him that voter fraud is an issue after they claimed it wasn’t?

I think you’re also missing a major point. It’s not about if any real cheating happens. It’s about people questioning it like we are now. This is bad for the legitimacy of elections and the integrity of the ballot if we have to question it.

If one side loses and won’t admit it because they claim voter fraud that’s an issue. We just saw the democrats spend 4 years not able to acknowledge how they lost when everyone and every polls says they had it in the bag. Hence the Russian conspiracies. I don’t want the democrats or republicans using this the next four years. It’s bad for everyone.

2 Likes

Whoever wins, I will accept it and move on and continue to work to make the country better. Biden or Trump. Throwing this into the mix will really add fuel to the fire no matter who wins.

I do not want this. From either sides.

3 Likes

Always love your points.

I can’t imagine polls being that reliable if it relies on points from states and a secret election by party elites in December that selects the President.

Polls certainly accurately depicted her popular vote win, but it doesn’t mean much anyways.

1 Like