How long have you been / were you in Taiwan?

I’m on year four but took a nice six month break. I can’t figure out whether Taiwan made me hair go grey or it was the job.

First came here in 1988, but took a few years off in the middle. So, a grand total of 14 years.

15 years and counting. Look at my avater and you know what 15 years do to you. Greatest place in the world, I think so anyway otherwise I would have fucked off a long time ago.

Their is a thread on hair saloons somewhere.

2 yrs,7 months

1965-66, 1968-70. Periodic 4 week visits since then. Want to talk about how things were in the dark ages? :laughing:

16 years.

16 years and tomorrow I start the process of leaving.

1961 - 1976, just shy of 15 years. Another one from the dark ages…

2003 - present, about 1 1/2 years this time. I hope to stay permanently this time.

• totallyticka

And you don’t count your last stint as permanant??

3 years over 5 years for me. Work sent me here and after leaving my work something kept calling me back.

I dont know what, but something somewhere is keeping me here.

18 years…

Came to check things out. Still checking…been checking for almost 5 years now. Will continue checking…

15 yrs and still enjoying it but starting to feel the itch to go home.

About 4 months but easily could be 4 years in a flash I realize :astonished:

About three and a half years … only been home once for about 10 days, and will probably be here until God knows when …

20th year and still lovin’ it. Great place, great people. Used to visit Taiwan 3 times a year for business since 1979 till I moved here.

Long enough to remember we had to rise and sing the national anthem before they started the flick at the cinema (I kind of miss that).

I’ve lived in Taiwan on and off over the last 15 years. I’ve spent between 5 and 6 years of that time in Taiwan.

I can’t believe how long most have been here for. I thought Sandman was the only one a bit long in the tooth on the board. Am l the only young buck here?

Me, I told my boss back home to hold my job as I’ll be home in 12 months … meanwhile over 5 years later…

Most of the last 15 years.