How long until life returns to normal?

Sure, I wasn’t criticizing. I meant what I said: if someone believes that they’re being led down the garden path in an improper manner, then they can say so … but then explain their alternative position. “I don’t like where you’re going with this argument” without any further qualification implies that, well, you just don’t like where it’s going, not that it’s actually invalid.

If you’re referring to the masks thing, you can ponder on “nuance” all you like, but (a) you still seem to misunderstand what I said and (b) if something terrible has gone down, bringing up “nuance” looks far too much like making excuses for the perpetrators. A defense lawyer might reasonably bring up his client’s troubled background in defending him from a murder charge. We shouldn’t have to do this with our “representatives”. They should be held to much higher standards than a criminal trying to shave some years off his sentence.

There was a time in British politics where a politician could be reasonably expected to resign - and would actually do so - if there had been even a hint of impropriety in his behaviour. Whatever happened to that sort of attitude?

Here we have a fine example of yyy bringing up a metaphor for something which really doesn’t need a metaphor. Let’s look at the thing as it was, not as a roughly-comparable scenario. But if you want to use that particular metaphor, you might want to consider a big building surrounded by all the trappings of a fire response, and policemen in riot gear keeping the public away so nobody can see what’s going on (“there are dangerous chemicals in there!”) and no apparent sign of a fire except for a bunch of suspicious-looking guys setting fire to a bunch of old rags in an oil barrel, shouting and screaming, “fire! fire! The whole city is going to burn down!”.

Let’s be clear about this: there was no “lack of knowledge”. I was attempting to keep on top of the medical conversations at the time. The doctors had a reasonable war plan in place and were a bit bothered, but not panicking. They’ve been treating respiratory diseases since forever and there was nothing truly remarkable about this one - the slightly-remarkable things had been characterized (the Italian meltdown had provided a lot of information), and it was obvious that COVID was not a risk to the majority, and was treatable for the minority.

The problem was that doctors were being shouted down. They were not listened to; instead, “modellers” were listened to. If doctors refused to accept bizarre orders from on high, they would lose their jobs, simple as. Thus we had Andrew Cuomo ordering everyone to be transitioned onto invasive ventilation ASAP (the result is clear to see in NY death records) and Anthony Fauci ordering that Remdesivir should be used as a first-line treatment, despite the fact that there was zero evidence of it being of any use; simultaneously, we had doctors using other drugs that did appear useful being … uh, fired again. Or at least told to cease and desist.

If we bunch of idiots - the denizens of the Humbug thread - could look at the information available and say, “hang on, this doesn’t look like a big problem, and this response makes no sense”, why couldn’t the politicians?

But let’s say you’re right. The politicians and the experts were such a bunch of utter mouthbreathers that every decision they made was the exact opposite of the correct one. What does that suggest to you?

Let’s say there was “real danger from the fire”. The point here is that there are real dangers from all sorts of things, all the time. What we don’t do, generally, is enact massive restrictions on the whole of society that makes it difficult or impossible to deal with those dangers.

Nor do we start enacting expensive and intrusive measures that have nothing whatsoever to do with the danger at hand. Do you remember when the main task of the police force was to stop people taking their dogs for a walk or going to the beach?

If there’s a fire, and a big building is burning down, everyone lets the fire department do their job. We don’t expect the government to come around setting fire to everyone’s house in a show of solidarity.

Crikey, @yyy. You’re going all around the houses to argue that something that has happened on multiple occasions couldn’t possibly happen.

Look, I don’t find the “the vaccines are designed to cull the human race!” position very compelling, but if that were their intent, it’s entirely possible to make it work despite (a) the presence of a significant “resistance” and (b) you’ve given the kool-aid to only the compliant subset.

• Resistance is futile. You’ve seen how this works. The point is that people with genocidal intent are prepared to do things that the average person is not. They will therefore win, simply because they are more psychopathic. They have no conscience. The average person recoils from the idea of rebellion; it won’t cross his mind until he is literally being corralled into a mass execution, and by then it’s too late. I’ll quote Solzhenitsyn again:

“At what point, then, should one resist? When one’s belt is taken away? When one is ordered to face into a corner? When one crosses the threshold of one’s home? An arrest consists of a series of incidental irrelevancies, of a multitude of things that do not matter, and there seems no point in arguing about one of them individually…and yet all these incidental irrelevancies taken together implacably constitute the arrest.”

• Violent men often have deep contempt for the compliant, and at least a measure of respect for those who refuse to take the knee - even if they intend to kill them all. If the vaccinated went willingly to their doom, they’ll laugh about that and think no more of it. They do not need ‘sheeple’ for what follows because at the end of the day, they have guns and chains.

I think nice genteel people often have real trouble figuring out what goes on in the minds of truly evil people, or even accepting that there might be a lot of such people around.

Good grief man. Can you honestly not see that medical experiments were carried out? Of course they were not as in-your-face as phenol injections and freezing people to death. Oddly, some of the Nazi experiments did actually have a purpose, were meticulously documented, and have subsequently saved lives. In this instance, people were - for example - compelled under various threats to inject an untested substance, which had no demonstrable medical value, and which appears to have injured millions. The outcome was not merely undocumented, you’ll be called a conspiracy theorist for asking “what was the benefit of all this, and what was the harm?”. Hand on heart, are you really prepared to dismiss this as nothing more than an honest mistake?

You think mask mandates (or vaccine mandates) fall into the same category as PT and eating vegetables? “Same difference”? Really?

I realise you don’t have any medical background, yyy, but it’s really hard for me to see how anybody can compare forcibly masking children with telling them to eat their vegetables or run around in the sunshine.

The application was experimental. Nobody knew what mass masking would do. This was one of those instances where the experts genuinely couldn’t predict the outcome with any certainty or detail - although it soon became clear.

Chef’s knives don’t kill people. It’s the way you use the knife that results either in freedom fries, or a corpse.

At least we can acknowledge that it applies to the vaccines. So now what do we do about that?

How do you know this?

It is entirely possible that making people wear a mask for hours at a time, for months on end, could shorten their lives. It might not kill them outright, but it may damage them in such a manner that their longevity is reduced by a year or two, particularly in context (people being confined to their homes etc).

In any case, do we really have to excuse absolutely any imposition on the basis that nobody died? People were harmed. They were harmed for absolutely no good reason. Why are we even debating this?

1 Like

It is definitely “logical” to have that belief, as most people make decisions based on emotion. During covid, that emotion was manufactured fear.

I appreciate your honesty here :+1:

The evidence has always been clear about mask efficacy - it’s very mixed, errs mainly on the side of almost (if not entirely) useless, and certainly doesn’t warrant any mass mandating.

[Re germies, there’s also evidence that mask-wearing can even make things worse in the operating theater, as in this study:

“No masks were worn in one operating theatre for 6 months. There was no increase in the incidence of wound infection.”

Not only that:

“The finding that there was an appreciable fall in the wound infection rate when masks were not worn certainly warrants further investigation. This trial was designed only to see whether wound infection increased, as had been predicted, when masks were not worn. It did not. The conclusion is that the wearing of a mask has very little relevance to the wellbeing of patients undergoing routine general surgery…

And:

“…there is no direct evidence that the wearing of masks reduces wound infection.” 1]

The psychological harms of masks are also very clear. I won’t bother re-citing all those studies done since covid, but they are in the other threads. Loads of them. Masks have done untold damage.

People wore (and wear) them primarily out of fear. A fearful population is compliant, will follow governement edicts blindly, and in turn swallow big pharma promo material wholesale, without resistance or second thoughts. Why did they reject the science? As they were told lies, such as that they will die, or even murder someone else, accidentally! simply if they stepped outside their front door.

And even if they did go outside, they were threatened and intimidated. I recall police with submachine guns asking grannies for their “walking permits.” Huge, 6ft 3 guys in full riot gear approaching the elderly while they tried to go buy their medicine from the local pharmacy. It was such a bizarre sight. Folks only allowed to leave their homes within a certain distance and within a certain time of day, for a certain length of time, lest they be arrested and charged. If they didn’t comply, then what? Maybe shot? Absolute lunacy.

At that time, the totalitarian tendencies of the politicians came to align perfectly with the influential pharmaceutical companies’ profit-seeking goals, to fleece the masses in a huge (once in a lifetime?) opportunity. Pfizer et al, knew they controlled the FDA and the US CDC, so that’s all they needed to sell their sludgeshots and foster fear to get it done.

It was really too easy, and I for one was surprised how little resistance there was, especially among “westerners” in Taiwan, and how many “freedom-lovers” here were all suddenly all anti-science and anti-freedom. For me anyway, that was the biggest reveal.

Covid itself never warranted the response it received. They knew that. However, a public that understood the actual truth, science and evidence of covid, masks, lockdowns, and the deleterious effectcs of all these things probably won’t comply with being jabbed every few weeks, with something Pfizer don’t want you to know “the science” behind for 55 years. An informed public also wouldn’t allow their own govts and lives to be simply overtaken by pharmaceutical companies for three years, but that’s what happened.

There is no doubt whatsoever it was a well-directed, intentionally nonscience-based pharma/ gov tyrannical event that enabled the biggest transfer of wealth in human history to occur, as well as allowing socipathic pollies to isolate divide and conquer their very own citizens. Having dealt with a few pollies in my time, they likely did it just for kicks. Power-trippers, the lot. Those that opposed were cancelled, sacked, fined, shamed and so on.

History shows that the vast majority of people made most (if not all) decisions throughout covid based on fear intentionally and purposefully generated by government psyops groups and laughably dodgy big pharma promotional material. It was indeed coordinated at the highest levels of power, behind closed doors. In that sense it was a genuine conspiracy, in that the elite conspired to conduct a giant scam on the masses. That’s what happened and it definitely worked.

I’m seeing a lot of these sort of comparisons to so-called ‘pandemic prevention measures.’ I guess if people believe such things are in any way equivalent or similar, or that they make their points somehow more valid, then I guess there’s your answer as to why they ended up siding with all the anti-science stuff from day one, protested or resisted none, and railed against anyone who didn’t buy into the lies coming from gov and pharma.

People were harmed for reasons. Certainly not good reasons, but reasons nonetheless! :smiley: :moneybag: :syringe:

I love this statement. :yin_yang:

1 Like

You’re really pouring water on my enthusiasm to continue engaging here.

I set two targets for the exact purpose of demonstrating that there is a whole range of other targets in between that are being ignored and that it’s pointless to continue if you’re going to tell me I need to hit one of the two extreme targets, and so you… tell me I need to hit one of the two extreme targets. :wall:

Would you continue if someone kept doing that to you?

3 Likes

The full statement …:wink:

There was nothing “scientific” about mask mandates, certainly not from the health standpoint (germies and all that). However, it was certainly scientific from the “psyops science” standpoint. There is a significant correlation between the level of fear and the behavior of compliance. Despite masks being found to be useless in containing the “spread of covid,” they definitely served to isolate, dehumanize and divide people, keep them in a constant state of fear and anxiety, and make them very compliant, willing to transfer more trillions to the already wealthy, and to give more of their freedoms away to govt.

1 Like

As I pointed out, there will be no arrest if there is no-one available to perform it. You can envision a robot world where human police are not needed, but obviously that has not been achieved, not even close. To get there, you’ll still need humans to maintain the robots, unless you get self-maintaining robots, but then you’ll probably want humans to keep an eye on the robots anyway, in case the robots decide getting rid of you would be beneficial to their maintenance. (Which they will, sooner or later.)

:wall:

Of course medical experiments were carried out. You have an easy case there. I told you so very recently:

The problem is that masks were not and are not experimental devices (duh), and masking as public policy was only an experiment in the same sense that just about any public policy that hasn’t been tried before (or has but not recently) is an experiment. Whether or not it is a bad policy does not determine whether or not it qualifies as a medical experiment. You can argue a policy is harmful, but citing the Code won’t get anywhere with that one (masks) in a serious court. Sorry but no. You can still fight it, just not the way you’re proposing to.

If by that you mean I think they are equivalent to each other in their goodness or badness, you are extremely Wrong.

As any erudite person should be able to tell from my post, I put them in the same category as far as applicability of the Code is concerned, for the reason I already articulated. The point is they are not

they are instead

public policy decisions that had a nexus with medicine.

Remember this? Try rereading it now and then.

Why are you talking to me as if disagreeing with you about one aspect of the mask issue means I must disagree with you about all aspects of the mask issue? If two legs good, four legs bad, and if four legs good, two legs bad?

I can’t debate under these conditions.

If you can’t wrap your head around the way I explain things after I’ve tried explaining them multiple times, one conclusion says I’m a bad speaker, another says you’re a bad listener, and there are many others in between, but all of them are variations of the meta-conclusion that we are not compatible conversation partners on any vaguely adversarial matter, and there’s no alternative to that one.

Why are you asking me? I’m not even a citizen of your planet! Good luck though. :four_leaf_clover:

And just in the off chance you’ve forgotten what the context was, I. Was. Not. Defending. Mask. Mandates. Scroll up and you’ll see the context.

Have a nice day, both of you. :bowing:

2 Likes

The problem is that everything in between makes no sense whatsoever. That’s why a lot of people simply deny that anything bad happened - there is no midpoint that gives a satisfactory explanation.

If you start from one of those midpoints, you find yourself with a whole boxfull of spare facts that have to be shoehorned into it, and that simply don’t fit. This is precisely why people end up - mostly - at one extreme or the other, and one of those extremes is wrong.

You seem to be starting from an assumption that there has to be be a relatively-benign explanation for what happened. But what if there isn’t?

Your clear statement on this particular issue is commendable but unnecessary, as I’ve never said or even implied that you were, so don’t worry about that. I can’t recall thinking that you were into all the anti-science mask mandate nonsense.

Thank you. And you!

TBH I think it’s a defensive mechanism. I have no reason to believe that @yyy is being insincere. But once you start lining up the facts of the matter and inspecting them, it inevitably leads you to a position which for many people is intolerable - viz., that Western society is not immune to the sort of total meltdowns that occur in foreign parts run by barbarians, and that we’re not all just basically nice people bumbling along making the best of things and sometimes screwing up. It’s too fearsome to even discuss the possibility that our governments may have done something not merely horrible, but criminal. More comfortable to pretend it was just more “incompetence”.

Indeed. And even if we accept the position that people were harmed because experts screwed up - well, there are laws about that too. If, for example, a factory boss harms an employee by failing to take account of dangerous circumstances, or (worse) forces him to participate in dangerous work practices, he can expect to find himself in serious hot water.

And yet we’re being asked to accept that if a government does the same thing, to millions of people rather than just to one person, or a handful, this is totally OK. Which brings to mind Stalin’s Principle: A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths are a statistic.

3 Likes

Try starting from the (hypothetical) position that culling the world population is the intent, and that the vaccine is the means. If you assume that it isn’t, of course you’ll be able to find a reason why it can’t happen.

If your vaccine causes slow-burn cancers, or cardiovascular disease years after the injection, or infertility, you’ve achieved your aim. All you need to do is slash fertility well below replacement level, and decrease life expectancy by a decade or so, and over a period of years you’ll see a precipitous drop in population.

If you need “police”, there will be plenty of them around for a while yet. I notice a good number of the willingly-vaxed are still fanatically in favour, and hate the unvaccinated with a passion.

The world is complex and there are an almost infinite number of ways to skin a cat.

To be clear, I’m not claiming that I know “they” are planning to cull the useless eaters, or that vaccines are the means. I think it’s a possibility, and your claim that “it can’t be done” overlooks the creative genius of the architects of this scam. They are not stupid people, but it is to their advantage that you believe them to be.

I already covered this. Masks per se are not “experimental”. The Nuremberg Code refers to experiments, not to experimental devices. An ‘experiment’, is a procedure carried out with limited (or no) a priori knowledge of the outcome, usually for the purposes of observing the outcome and deriving conclusions from it. Masking people is indisputably a medical intervention - the imposition of medical devices on human bodies.

I’m well aware of that. But you seem to have missed the crucial element of Nuremberg - which revolves around informed consent - and the nature of other policy-driven “medical experiments”. The fluoridation of water, for example, could be considered a medical experiment. The point, though, is that nobody is at risk of losing their job, or of being fined, or of being ostracized from society for refusing to drink fluoridated water. You won’t get called a science-denier for preferring to drink bottled water (even though that introduces different issues which are not relevant here). You could make a similar case for dietary interventions, or the mass deployment of cholesterol-lowering drugs. These may well be harmful, but people are free to “do their own research” and say “no thanks” if they wish. You don’t have to prove that you’ve taken your statins today in order to be allowed on a plane or go to the office. In short, Nuremberg does not forbid medical experiments. It forbids enforced participation.

It’s also worth pointing out that Nuremberg drew upon broader ideas about ‘human rights’. Even if you cannot accept that masking was experimental, norms regarding freedom of movement, freedom of association, and derived rights like the ‘right’ to be educated, still apply. Nobody should be forced to do something that does them harm under threat of having those rights taken away.

I’m expressing incredulity that you would believe things like “mask mandates were not experimental”. I’m also at a loss to understand why you draw any comparison with policy decisions such as PE lessons for schoolkids. The outcome of regular exercise is overwhelmingly positive, and the chances of injury, when it’s done properly, are very small. Eating vegetables, likewise, is at best harmless and probably a Good Thing. There must be very few people claiming otherwise.

In contrast, the outcome of mass masking is overwhelmingly negative, and nobody has been able to demonstrate any positive outcomes that would even partially compensate for the negatives.

These things are not the same. Not even vaguely comparable. I’m not suggesting that herein lies the definition of “experimental”, but that if you are conducting an experiment, and participation is mandatory, then you are doing something either criminal or immoral if you know (or if it quickly transpires) that your experiment is harmful.

And if you’re not defending mask mandates, what do you think of them, and why?

2 Likes

I have had blood tests done after Covid and the flu as I need it for my medication. My lymphocytes were both low indicating my bodies immune system is compromised after a period after.

I haven’t read all of your back and forward with @yyy and perhaps this was covered but this is my thoughts on masks.

There are different types of masks. But my understanding is that the average mask people were wearing is mostly functional in preventative of passing illnesses rather than preventative of getting them. I do think they do have better use in illnesses that are passed from bodily fluids like saliva and nasal fluid. Not so much airborne stuff.

I would think the n95 mask and those very expensive specific masks have some use in preventing getting illnesses but it’s perhaps overkill in most situations.

What was particularly stupid was those face shields worn. They are to my knowledge used by doctors to prevent bodily fluids getting on their face and possibly into their eyes or mouth in situations like surgery. I can’t see how they have any functionality with preventing or passing of illnesses.

But regardless, I think the truth is covid is not anywhere as deadly as people made it up to be for your average person in good health. We let fear override logic in a lot of what governments did.

3 Likes

That may well be true, but what I was attempting to get at with that exchange was not whether it was “useful” (whatever anyone might even mean by that) to wear a mask in public, but whether it was legitimate for the government to force people to wear one - and remember the nonsensical plethora of rules that accompanied this “mandate”?

If the purported reason was to prevent the spread of disease, then masking is a medical intervention. If nobody really knew if this would do good or ill, it’s an experiment. If force is being applied to participate, then Nuremberg applies. Nobody has given me a sensible reason why it doesn’t. Even @yyy seems to concede that Nuremberg applies to the vaccination campaign, but then laughs it off. Meh, what ya gonna do?

And thus we come back to the theme of the thread. How are we going to get back to normal with that ginormous elephant in the room? Is ignoring it really a sensible strategy?

There is a valid case to be made along these lines:

“Attempting to prosecute every individual who participated in this … thing will do more harm than good. If the judiciary simply refuses to address the problem, replacing the judiciary or the government by force will do ten times as much harm. So perhaps we have to let it lie”.

However, nobody has suggested this. And it is not the same as a saying “let’s pretend it never happened and everything is normal now”.

OMG yes. Where I was ‘locked down’, they recruited an army of enforcers to make sure everyone was wearing their face shields. I steadfastly refused to put the thing down over my face and wore it on my forehead, and I was foreever having run-ins with these idiots. Mostly I just walked past and ignored them, but one got in my face once and I gave him an earful. Luckily he seemed to have some vague awareness that it was all bullshit and backed down, but it could easily have turned nasty. Of all the many harms that these things created, people seem to forget about that one - the loss of social cohesion and the potential for petty conflict over something that was utterly meaningless.

I think most people still can’t acknowledge the fact that the fear was sown and cultivated as a matter of government policy, that teams of experts were involved in making it happen, and that deliberate lies were propagated into the public discussion with no chance of rebuttal (due to a simultaneous campaign of censorship and neutralization of opposing voices). IMO this was a criminal act in and of itself. Here is the definition of terrorism used in UK and Canadian law:

“The use or threat of action, both in and outside of the United Kingdom, designed to influence any international government organisation or to intimidate the public and for the purpose of advancing a political, religious, racial or ideological cause.”

I’m sure there will be another flurry of sophistry now, explaining why this can’t possibly apply. No doubt the word ‘emergency’ will be mentioned.

5 Likes

I do tend to laugh at reductionist oversimplifications, but if I say something applies to X and doesn’t apply to Y, that doesn’t mean I’m laughing at the application to X.

To be clear, “applies” is an oversimplification in this context. The Nuremberg Code is not a law in the ordinary sense. You can’t just waltz into any random court and say “I was medically experimented on without my consent, ergo Nuremberg violation, ergo this court must lock up the baddies”. On the other hand, it doesn’t have zero weight, so as long as you can cite it in a reasonable manner, it makes sense to do so.

Obviously that’s not the Canadian definition, though it’s not too far from it.

Please get yourself a lawyer before you go filing any documents at court. I’ll leave it at that. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s not an “oversimplification”. The word “applies” has a wide meaning. It does not only mean “applies in a court of law” (in ordinary usage it almost never means that). I meant the principles outlined in Nuremberg are a clear match for the events that occurred.

I know that. Although presumably you also know that its principles have been written into statute, international agreements, and professional codes of conduct.

It was written with the assumption that its principles were so obvious that nobody would dream of violating it - because if they did, there would really be no punishment large enough to fit the crime.

That really wasn’t my point. We all know that they got away with it. Nobody is going to be locked up. Nobody is going to even be prosecuted. Yes, there are a few edge cases going through the courts right now, but they’ll have no real impact. Mostly the courts are just throwing them out, or the judges are (deliberately?) failing to understand the arguments being made.

My point was this: what do you think “normal” looks like, when these violations have occurred, and the people who caused them to happen are not just walking around free, but still in positions of great power? What does a normal world look like against that backdrop, when there are no constraints at all on vast and dangerous projects? Isn’t anyone the slightest bit concerned that these people are just going to keep coming up with more of the same?

The wording is slightly different. The meaning is the same.

Why? Of what use are lawyers? Like doctors, they’ve shown themselves to be either impotent, corrupt, or part of the problem. They’ve obsoleted themselves. The Law should have been able to nip this in the bud; it didn’t. Why? Because just like doctors, lawyers (or more accurately, the judiciary) went along with it all. The few who spoke out were fired or harassed by their regulators - and there ain’t nobody does lawfare like lawyers.

4 Likes

(More about the up and down the wall nonsense…)

No you haven’t.

Cull means kill. If the goal is to cull, and you have not killed the target group but have merely made them sick, you have not killed them, ergo you have not culled them.

Slow burn cancers happen anyway. Death happens anyway. If you increase cancer so as to bring death an average of X years closer, you have done something bad, but you have also given people time to notice and figure it out, thus opening the door to reprisals (against you, by default – scapegoating is possible but is not straightforward) and also to treatments for said cancer and other interventions that for all you know may end up increasing lifespans to beyond what they would have been had you taken no action.

Besides which, if culling the world population is the intent, obviously you should focus on the parts of the world that have the lowest population growth! :upside_down_face: [/s]

A precipitous drop in population means a precipitous drop in useful (to you the hypothetical evil wannabe genius overlord) population as well as the not so useful population. It’s a precipitous drop in your whole system’s functionality, including the defense function, the police function, the surveillance function… so many functions, so many humans required to make sure the functions function the way you want them to. The system does not run itself.

Meanwhile, any competing system not suffering a proportionately precipitous decline finds itself in a better overall position in the great marketplace of systems than it otherwise would, which means you are shooting your own foot.

Many things are possible. Shooting your own foot and saying “aha, it’s working, you just think I’m a moron, this is really part of a brilliant plan!” while you’re hopping on the other foot and bleeding profusely could be a legit evil genius move, but compared to all the other moves you could make that would be more likely to have a positive outcome for you…

I mean, at some point I just throw up my tentacles, roll my eye, and say whatever, now please excuse me while I go [fill in the blank].

(Couldn’t find the clip I was looking for, but this’ll do.)

Nice quotation marks there. My words, however, were

masks were not and are not experimental devices

(emphasis in original).

Exactly. The reason why law requires nuance is because the more you oversimplify it, the more you end up with unintended and undesirable consequences that exceed what reasonable people are willing to tolerate. The Code was written with straightforward medical experiments in mind, not broad policy decisions by legislators or health and safety committees. You can’t just say X is in some sense medical and in some sense experimental ergo the Code applies.

That and you also reinforced my point about how whether a policy is good or bad does not determine whether or not it qualifies as an experiment. If the formula is somehow medical + somehow experimental = Nuremberg, it’s an invitation for the minority of people who would oppose exercise and vegetables and so on to come forward and waste resources with their complaints against all kinds of policies, good as well as bad.

Honestly, your absolutist approach here reminds me of the notion of copyright law that led to someone putting up billboards in your country (iirc) proclaiming “It’s illegal to use a legal name!” The idea was that if you own the copyright of your own (“legal”) name, no-one else has the right to use it without your consent, so every time the government or whoever sends you an official letter addressed to you by name, you can sue for zillions. Long story short, it doesn’t work that way, even though you do – in a manner of speaking – own said copyright.

I don’t support them. Your body your choice. :mask: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I won’t address this argument because you seem to be still very much focused on splitting semantic hairs. If you can’t see that giving people cancer ultimately has the same effect as shooting them in the head, it’s all going to get a bit pointless. In any case it’s rather OT.

In that case your argument was at worst a waste of typing, and at best a strawman. My contention here was that forcing people to wear masks, under various threats of punishment, was an assault.

What? The implication here is that all a government needs to do in order to “legalize” a medical experiment is to call it a “policy”.

Did you even read my previous post? The crucial difference - the thing that puts an experiment within the bounds of Nuremberg - is the element of coercion. Anybody can opt out of a government policy designed to get people eating more vegetables. A parent can write a PE sicknote. There was no avoiding mask mandates or any of the rest of it. You couldn’t even avoid the fear messaging - it was in your face everywhere you went.

I never said that it did.

No. The formula is medical+experimental+coercive = Nuremberg. And there is no “somehow medical” or “somehow experimental”. The distinction is pretty clear, although the general public never understood this (I can recall a lot of foolishness about “it’s already been approved, it’s not experimental!”).

2 Likes

People responsible for human rights violations are in positions of great power. This is normal.

Of course there are constraints. The fact that it (sort of) ended proves that.

Meanwhile, there are also constraints on plain old war.

If neither side achieves what it considers an acceptable victory, as a general rule it continues.

In spite of that rule, if both sides get to a point where their motivation to stop fighting exceeds their motivation to continue fighting, they stop. Thus they are constrained by human nature.

And in spite of both those rules, sooner or later war happens again, either in the same place or in another place, but somewhere. And so it will continue until humans overall grow up. These things take time.

Why would this not be the case for other types of human rights violations?

Oh? Now you’ve got me curious. I do know of one lawyer who has been very outspoken about covidism and did have official complaints made against him (which must have been annoying but did not succeed). But you’re telling me judges have lost their jobs for failing to uphold covidism? Who? Where?

Sigh. Yes. That much is obvious. However the point is that we expect people in positions of great power to NOT conduct human rights violations. Are you claiming that the new normal is, in fact, that we simply accept that this is how they’re going to behave from now on? That human rights violations are not just something they can get away with from time to time, but general policy?

What on earth makes you think that it ended? “COVID” served its purpose. They’re now moving on with the next part, which will involve taking everybody’s stuff, crashing the global economy, creating food and resource shortages, starting perpetual wars, and keeping people terrified enough to STFU.

Well, OK, I see where you’re going with that, I think. What you’re suggesting, it seems to me, is that the cycle of revolt and violence has to play out again, groundhog-day style.

I don’t know of any judges who have. AFAIK they went along with it, to a man (or woman). It seems to be a common theme that people at the top of the pile were already exactly where they were supposed to be, and didn’t need to be purged. The lower echelons were open to the great unwashed and were therefore a motley bunch of bootlickers and rebels. The same structures were in place in all the professions that might have had influence: medicine, law, army, police, academia.

2 Likes