How long will you live?

[quote=“brian”]One of my ex-students sent this to me once:

www.deathclock.com

Of course it is not a serious calculation, but I will be honest that the clock ticking away like that made me realize how much time I was wasting. I think that it is a good way to recognize that times slipping away and we should all make the best of our time here.[/quote]

I just did that death clock thingy, and it’s pretty scary. Said I would die in 2021. That means I will be 49, the same age as my mom. :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Everyday has been an extra since I was 19. I’m rather enjoying myself. :smiley:[/quote]
I would buy you a beer if I could blueface!!! What an attitude. I don’t think it’s horrible, just wrap up what you ‘need’ to on the plane and spend the rest of the time in gratitude. Cause what’s horrible to me, leaving for work in the morning , thinking it’s a normal day and then getting killed on the way, with NO oppotunity to say your ‘goodbyes’

Optimistic mesheel will live till Sunday, October 18, 2071…hmm…I’d be 96 years old!!?
Normal mesheel will live till Saturday, August 24, 2052
Pessimistic mesheel will live till Thursday, July 13, 2034

Wow, that’s quite a difference, guess I’ll have to work on my attitude then…

I’ll live until I die. I’m sure living in Taiwan has lowered my life expectancy.

You probably still have me licked, man. :laughing: I saw a study recently that said living in L.A. was tantamount to being a habitual smoker, or some such thing, due to the high air pollution levels. Oh well. In the words of Randy Newman, still “I LOVE L.A.” :notworthy:

Yep. I was in LA around this time last year and remember thinking I could have got this kind of scenery and pollution back in Taiwan.

Haha. Sad but true. Dammit, MM. :bravo:

A couple of interesting stories as more and more people worry about changing demographics and ‘pensions timebombs’ in the face of greater longevity.

According to this one, I have another 4-5 decades of useful life ahead of me. Jeez! No wonder I haven’t been in any hurry to settle down for the last 20 years. Life is just beginning.

This one goes even further, claiming that the medical advances being made right now will make us all (those of us that can afford it) effectively immortal. I’ve seen reports in the last six months that teeth can now be grown from seeds (treatment available within a couple of years) and that entire organs can be built up in a matter of hours using converted inkjet printers. Then there was all that stuff with ears growing on the backs of mice etc., and the nanotech guys claim that they can be reaming out your arteries and repairing cell damage in the near future.

And I suppose if all that is not enough there’s probably people figuring out ways to clone new bodies to transplant old brains into even as I write.

Scary stuff, or a dream finally coming true?