How many are in favour of forced re-unification?

Another option, of course, would be to stay and set up cram schools for the red troops. The focus would be on “English under stress” and would feature how to retain essential vocabulary and sentence structure with the muzzle of an all-American M-16 jammed into your ribs, as well as how to enunciate phrases such as “Honest, sir, please don’t shoot! I was only following orders!”

Not a very balanced poll. My choice would be to run across the street to the military police barracks (where I know the commanding officer), stock up on some weapons (assault rifle, semi-automatic pistol, and some hand grenades), then head out into the countryside or the mountains and wait for the cavalry to arrive (i.e. the Marines).

That’s where you and I differ. I would dash headlong to Carnegies in order to drink myself silly while Taipei burns around me. Perhaps we could team up? You could keep the yellow peril at bay with your armaments and we could pass you bottles of grog from time to time.

[quote=“LittleBuddhaTW”]Not a very balanced poll.[/quote]I think that was the whole point :wink:

Notice how Channel Z and his team always set up polls like this?:

Have you stopped beating your wife yet?

Yes
No

If it’s not Carnegies, I’ll go along with that plan! :wink: BTW, I wonder what kind of rocket-propelled grenades they use here. Maybe I’ll have to wait and swipe one off of a dead PLA soldier. Those are fine weapons for guerilla warfare. :smiley:

im with littlebuddhatw, taking rpg’s from the pla and use em

Taipei is an excellent environment for guerilla-style urban warfare. The streets are too narrow for the PLA to get their tanks through in most places, which means we’d be facing mostly light infantry. On the down side, the PLA is more likely to fire indiscriminately without regard for civilian casualties. The best case scenario is that the ROC air force and missle command would be able to put up a fight to keep the bombs from falling on us, and then get into areas where the tanks can’t get to. From there, booby traps, well-placed snipers, and as many RPG’s as we can get. We could form a foreigners’ civilian militia! :smiley:

Of course, if the US decides not to intervene directly, there’s no hope, but if they do, then I think we could hold out.

I can it see it now, Betelnut booths on the roads coverted into blockades and pillboxes! :unamused:

How about a forced reunification with Japan? Taiwan would be so much better if the Japanese were called back to straighten up the mess the Taiwanese created.

I studied Japanese for two years … it’s way too hard.

[quote=“LittleBuddhaTW”]
I studied Japanese for two years … it’s way too hard.[/quote]Sure it’s hard, but the Japanese government would lay on courses for everyone, to fit everyone’s learning curve and work schedule, for as long as it takes. The project would be paid for with public money, and the classes taught by a mixture of professionals to the do the grunt work and senior citizens for conversation partners. :slight_smile: