How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it’s “lightbulb” or “light bulb” … another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is “lamp”
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that “light bulb” is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL’s where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL’s were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL’s
3 to post about links they found from the URL’s that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add “Me too”
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say “didn’t we go through this already a short time ago?”
13 to say “do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs”
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

you forgot one troll to claim lightbulbs are a DPP/TI conspiracy :laughing:

I wish I had written the original - it came from here http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/category09

How many? None. You’ll sit in the dark and like it!

And what about Compact Fluorescent Lamps ???

From the same site :

How many Microsoft programmers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

None. They’ve declared “darkness” a standard.

And then one more to start something totally irrelevant like light sabres because they both have “light” in it.

Then 50 more to talk about light sabres and Star Wars.

Exactly 4 more to tell us that whether or not the bulb can be changed, by whom, when and at what cost must be decided in Beijing, and that we need not concern ourselves with such matters.

1 to tell us that lightbulbs were in fact a Taiwanese invention and that foreigners couldn’t possibly understand all the subtleties involved.

another few going back and forth on how to say ‘lightbulb’ in Chinese, no I can’t read that can you add pinyin, no I don’t read pinyin, acckk

And one to post a funny image relating to changing lightbulbs…like this one:

1 to tell you to not be so stupid and use the search function. That’s what it’s there for, and post a link to the search page.

P.S. Why do I have a delete this post button? (That’s one to be off topic).

I had a lightbulb once. :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

[quote=“Loretta”]

I had a lightbulb once. :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:[/quote]

Me too. Small world.

BroonInThe Dark.

I bought a light bulb and it had corn on it. Why cant the light bulbs be like the ones back in Moose Armpit??

Oh. And one to complain about Taiwan counterfeit bulbs.

Yeah, I had a litebulb once.

One to spell it wrong.

And two to post something that gets floundered.

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=30840

:wink:

And one moderator to flounder them.

:smiling_imp:

One to make a completely illegible post rife with grammatical and spelling errors so egregious it takes everyone else a couple of re-reads to determine they’re posting in English.

One to make a smartass and/or insulting remark about someone somewhere in the thread.

doi yuo maen liek thi, yuo asshole? Or liek yuo’re mothre?

And one poster to point out the evidence in the oracle bone script that it was the Shang Chinese who invented the lightbulb. Or space travel, depending on how you interpret some of the graphs:

Graph #3, reconstructed on the right, clearly shows a lightbulb with filaments and a base.

:laughing:

This link is actually really worth a look

And 4 more to debate whether “lightbulb” is American or British English.