How much is import tax if I buy jewelry from China?

I am planning on buying jewelry online from China, how much would the import tax be on a 300 usd (~9700nt) ring?

I found this website but I don’t know how accurate it is, and I can’t find up to date info on this forum. Import Duty Calculator - SimplyDuty

Thanks in advance for your replies.

The customs administration is the most accurate reference. I think it has been linked a few times over the years, but possibly not recently. Google “Taiwan tariff database”.

get it sent to a private shipper, and they have an option to prepay customs tax, at 2RMB per kg. I can provide link to said shipper:

http://member.cn-express.tw/

That… seems cheap for certain goods. Is it some kind of mixed goods bulk shipping loophole? :thinking:

It’s mixed goods.

Tax comes from Taiwan. Basically they are paying the tax, and charging you 2 rmb per kg.

If you’re sending something valuable, then use SF express and don’t worry about the tariff.

Thanks for all your replies. Ill buy my jewelry anyway and update you all. Now the company needs some sort of ID number. Does anyone know what they are asking for, for example: F228486542 . I’m guessing it has to do with an app?

Don’t they just want your ID/ARC number?

You use your arc number or your Taiwan Id number. They need it for ez way.

I suspected it was an ID number, but that sounds really strange, the number is too personal to give out.

Not really. You need to use it for a lot of things here, even stuff like booking cinema tickets.