How much would a metered taxi cost from Taipei to Taichung?

Then I would call 1922

2 Likes

Got the 沒辦法 response from my assigned quarantine support officer, but let me try 1922.

So it essentially means they want to charge you an extra night twice, both for early check in and late check out? Lol. Just complain with the authorities and tell the hotel to suck it.

4 Likes

How far is the bus pick up from the hotel? If there’s a bit of distance check out at 12 and say you’re a slow walker…?! I guess you’ll likely have to suck it up and pay the extra night, although obviously it shouldn’t be full tarriff as you won’t have any meals, not being there.

Perhaps take the taxi despite the cost, there’s a slim chance someone on the bus will turn up positive and that could wreck the rest of your plans.

1 Like

My quarantine support officer (assigned on Day 1) told me 沒辦法 already, so not sure if I’ll get much assistance calling 1922.

I’m already paying one extra night for 8am checkin. But now they want another extra night for 2pm checkout. The latter is out of my control and completely avoidable so that’s whats bothering me. I’m technically eligible for checkout at 8:30 am tomorrow.

I believe you can’t “walk” out of the hotel just like that. Probably have to get transferred to bus station or bus will pick me up on the way?

1 Like

Are you paying by cash or card? If the former, maybe you don’t have any more TWD to cover the extra night they’re trying to extort out of you?

Almost every hotel I called asked for a card at the time of booking and required me to sign a contract that required me to pay for 8 nights. Not sure what I can do if they charge for 9.

1 Like

So that’s your contract then, 8 nights? Couldn’t you dispute the extra charge if they charge more you haven’t agreed to?

I guess I could, but I haven’t read the T&C yet lol. Let me see if I can do this.

1 Like

Kafka could have written about this.

2 Likes

Have you tried cutting a deal with the hotel? Maybe a 1000 for the extra two hours?

3 Likes

They are already charging me for 8 nights for 172 (24x7 + 4) hours of stay. For an extra 2 hours (“late checkout”) I refuse to pay anything more. Especially since this is completely out of my hands and a government rule.

Hotels need to adapt to the new government rules which effectively says that anyone who checks in between 8AM and 1PM must checkout exactly at 2PM on Day 7.

But it appears that mine doesn’t seem to care, even though they’re one of the highest rated and quite expensive option.

3 Likes

Was just told that if your home is not in the same city as the quarantine hotel, you MUST take a quarantine bus from source city to destination city bus station. And then take a taxi from there to reach home.

So this means that I have no option but to take the 2pm bus from Taipei to Taichung.

Hotel still wants to charge for an extra night in this situation.

2 Likes

“I’m not paying more than the agreed 8 nights for my government-mandated 7-night quarantine. Are you going to let me leave?”

What can they really do if you don’t pay? They’ve made the rule about checkout times. They can just clean the room 2 hours later, and I imagine they’re eager to get more less-troublesome detainees to extort anyway.

2 Likes

Yeah, going to do this now. But just fucked that I had to spend last 3 hours dealing with this nonsense and talking to 4 different people.

2 Likes

Maybe it would be a good idea, eventually, to offer to pay an extra NT$500 or something for the additional two hours as a face-saving out for them.

1 Like

They actually let the room sit empty for 3 days before anyone can enter. This is what my hotel told me anyway.

1 Like

They’re supposed to do this. But I’m sure a large number of hotels don’t follow this. And I’m not sure if the government checks in on them unless there is an outbreak.

Isn’t there something that’s called ‘late check-out’ fee?

1 Like